Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The true price of oil in africa!

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/business/eykfeykfaugb/

I always find it amazing how the Herald times and indo manage to miss stories like this and yet manage to comment on spurious claims made by each other.

Shell have been at this years it never failed to make it to amnesty's ears. It just seems to be forgotton about in Irish life.

All that matter is the price of the petrol, not the price to be paid!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

one of the things wrong with this world but is not being combatted - terrible shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Good find. Maybe send in a letter to the papers here that don't cover stories like this and ask them to?

Sure even if they publish the letter, at least that'll be a small step.

I'd love to know if you do it, and more importantly if it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

INM!!! Tony o Reilly has fingers in a load of pies Oil is just one of them!! He would not wanna pee anyone off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I always find it amazing how the Herald times and indo manage to miss stories like this and yet manage to comment on spurious claims made by each other.

Shell have been at this years it never failed to make it to amnesty's ears. It just seems to be forgotton about in Irish life.

Not to sound like a complete a**hole, but what are you doing about it? It's a sad fact of life that these things and worse will happen and we'll all complain that something should be done. And some decent people will try and change the world, while everyone else looks on tutting that more wasn't done.

I, like so many others will do nothing and worry only about the things that effect me. It's selfish and it's heartless, but I've a comfortable life and wouldn't want to risk losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

humanji wrote: »
    Not to sound like a complete a**hole, but what are you doing about it? It's a sad fact of life that these things and worse will happen and we'll all complain that something should be done. And some decent people will try and change the world, while everyone else looks on tutting that more wasn't done.

I, like so many others will do nothing and worry only about the things that effect me. It's selfish and it's heartless, but I've a comfortable life and wouldn't want to risk losing it.

What am I doing about it! Suppoting a policy that does not encourage the mass wholesale giveaway of the natural resources of the coast of ireland for one thing. I dont buy shell or bp although I am neither happy with a portion of my money which use to go to the norwegian goverment. But then I would rather it all go there than to shell

Just think of this where did you hear "Shell to see campagn"

Start supporting the people of the west. Maybe shell will fcuk off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Independent

Herald

Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I missed that. I had actually searched when it came out. It seems I am not perfect after all. Its interesting the length of coverage the Indo and Herald gives over the Times and business post,

Its no secret I have no time for the times and indo so I never miss the chance to get at them seems I am wrong here.

Do you think they would ever admit the same sometime?

Thanks for the correction

Advertisement