Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limiting noise/vibrations

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,
    Next door has the odd party, which is cool, but the parents would like some way to minimize the amount of sound coming into our house. At the moment, I'd say there is only a brick or two between the two sections of the house.

The house is a semi-detached, built I'd say, roughly around the 1970's.

Shortly before the neighbours inherited the house, the father put wardrobes on the party wall, and the bed against it (good idea at the time). However, due to the noise by the odd party (parents work shift hour so midday party may still affect them), I'm looking for ways to minimize the amount of sound coming in.

Now, I'm thinking maybe the wardrobes would absorb some of the sound, so it'd be just the central part behind the bed (see picture) that needs to be soundproofed. That, and maybe some sort of coasters under the wheels of the bed to minimize sound coming through them them.

82216.JPG

Any thoughts on this, and/or other possible ways to decrease the sound? As it's only the odd party, it's cool, but still trying to get the noise levels that seep into our house down.

Advertisement