Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the feelings on anti-eyebrow piercings?

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I saw this on wikipedia (not sure how to post the link) and basically I think they're really cool. Still I don't have any piercings and tattoos so wouldn't get it on its own it looks pretty hardcore. Anyway I'm just wondering what people's opinions on them in general are? Is there anything associated with them, they're seen as being "ghetto" or anything are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you like it then who gives a rat's ass what anyone else thinks about it.

If you want it. Get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

Ah yeah I'm not that insecure don't worry, just wondering what other people's opinions are or what the story is with them, like are they hard to keep or are they difficult to do or what...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

They're cool piercings, a few of my friends have it done. By no means do you need to have a "modded" look to pull it off, I can think of two people I know right now who have an anti-eyebrow as their only facial piercing. They're trendy people like, not "moshers" or "ghetto" or whatever like. (I'm not saying only these types of people usually get it done etc, just the OP asked so..)

Just find somewhere really good to get it pierced, research the hell out of it on bmezine.com. Healing might be a bit tough seeing as they are surface piercings, but they are generally easy enough to keep happy. Don't expect anything permanent though, migration is common. They are also prone to scarring (especially if placed under the eye) so keep an eye on it.

Good luck anyway! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I had one and it was my fave piercing ever! Hell of a lot of work though, especially as surface piercings hate me. When you get it done, bear in mind that it will mos def not last very long, but enjoy it while you can! Mine lasted maybe six months or so, then rejected. Just had a look there now and can't even find where the scars are on my face :rolleyes: I miss it :o I didn't get any mad reactions about it either, think most people I came across thought it was snazzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

They don't last long as seen from above, and depending on your healing could leave a nasty scar. Something personally I wouldn't risk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I do think they're really cool alright, still the thought of having a scar there scares the hell outta me so I'm a bit dubious. I'll look into it some more, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, just research research research. Read lots of experiences on BME too. If you do decide to go for it and you are left with a scar, you could always try using Vitamin E or Bio-Oil. Might not make the scar go away completely but they will definitely help.

Advertisement