Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband/Phone package in drogheda?

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Sup guys.

Heres my predicament:

Just moved into a place on the rathmullen road and theres no Tv.. grr..
    So we decide the only option is sky, purely because were all used to it and the multiroom offer is pretty decent.

But to our horror somone said that a phone line is needed for the sky+...

Ok, no worries one of the guys said, "We'll just get Eircom.." Oh how we laughed, poor guy.

We aint touching Eircom with a bargepoll!

And as things go UPC's offer of the whole broadband plus phone line thing was in the paper and i have been waiting for a callback for a good few days now. :mad:

So to summarise:

Need Internet/Phone/Sky.

Internet will need to be something substantial enough to get some online gaming with the 360 and usual internet stuff all at the same time with no major lag.

The phone wont be used so the cheaper the better, its sole purpose will be Sky (unless anyone has any ideas of ways around that?

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnog81

I have sky plus with no phoneline?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

lynnog81 wrote: »
    I have sky plus with no phoneline?

did you get it upgraded from standard sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnog81

well we had standard sky in one house, built new house moved in and got sky plus in with all our TVS and stuff, wasnt sky who actaully installed but never any mention of phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

You can get around the no phone line for sky (and sky+) by paying extra for installation.

However, there's no way to get around it if you're looking for multiroom, as Sky demand that you have a phone line and keep all boxes connected to it at all times (to stop people moving the multiroom boxes elsewhere, having got a good deal on the subscription I suppose).

Advertisement