Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve your latency in wow

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

I set this myself manually a while back in windows but came across this addon a few weeks ago and have got a few guildies to use it. It just makes the whole process easier for people that don't understand how to do this manually.

My own latency is roughly around 40ms with TCP acks turned off - turned on (default is on in windows) the latency in Wow is around 300+

Anyway, if you want to improve your latency easily, this little script will work wonders for you...

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

He's also included another script to reset to default values if you want to revert.

Gives you a little edge in pvp especially, small one but it's nice to have all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Does this have an impact on anything else internet wise?

I'll give it a go, specially if it can be undone. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I set this myself manually a while back in windows but came across this addon a few weeks ago and have got a few guildies to use it. It just makes the whole process easier for people that don't understand how to do this manually.

My own latency is roughly around 40ms with TCP acks turned off - turned on (default is on in windows) the latency in Wow is around 300+

Anyway, if you want to improve your latency easily, this little script will work wonders for you...

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

He's also included another script to reset to default values if you want to revert.

Gives you a little edge in pvp especially, small one but it's nice to have all the same.

This is something I have never seen, an ingame script for a TCP change so thanks for that, however I have known something for quite sometime that you change in your registry and I know for a fact it works from first had experiance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQPY-wh9PbU

That is a video walk through, it will only affect (lower latency) on games that use the TCP ACK i.e. WoW, it will not affect games such as counterstrike etc. It MAY slow your download speed on larger files by about 0.5-2% which is minimal in what you gain in performance in WoW. It also speed's up downloads on smaller files (up to around 1gb) WoW will seem alot more responsive and your latency will be alot lower if it was high or slightly lower is it was already low. Hope this is helpful, I will try the method linked above and see if there is an improvment when both are combined or if both are the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah it's the same king of thing Arron, it's not just beneficial for wow but for all online games that play better with lower latencies.
    Yes it will also effect your overall throughput on your connection - more so if you have higher download speeds from the likes of UPC etc.,
    I would normally get bang on 20Mb download speed with UPC but with this script enabled that will drop to between 14Mb and around 18Mb (from what I've noticed anyway). I prefer the lower latencies as it does help an awful lot in games.
    There's the script included though to revert the changes if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

Great Post!Thanks!

Advertisement