Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pearly Penile Papules removal?

• 10-06-2009 3:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there - I've got what appears to be PPP (Pearly Penile Papules). I was diagnosed in England last year while I was there on holiday in a male health clinic. At first, they weren't prominent, but now - they appear to be much more prominent.

The advisor stated that my two options are to either have them removed by C02 laser, as no other treatment works. Stated that he himself actually had them and that's how he had them removed.

I'm not sure how to go about this in Ireland. The initial checkup was embarrassing enough for me, and I'm so nervous about going to my doctor about it now. I will obviously have to be referred to a dermatologist - but from reading many stories online, many dermatologists state that because it's physically harmless - then no removal is required.

I am 100% adamant about having them removed. I searched online for clinics in Ireland to have it done privately, but I couldn't find any. I'm just looking for advice on how a doctor might react to this, and if I am to expect to "but they are harmless" speech. I'm really scared as it's such a private matter and I'm not very confident with strangers looking at me. I know this sounds trivial, but it's the truth.

I'm not sure what the cost of such a laser-treatment will cost - private clinics in England vary between 600-700, but I'm hoping to have this done by medical card if possible as I have absolutely no money.

I had to break up with my girlfriend 6 months ago because I was too afraid to have sex with her because of the sight of them, so it's really affecting my life in a bad way.

If anybody here has had them removed, please let me know of the process.. I think this is a seldomly discussed issue - so that's why I'm making this thread.

Going unreg'd naturally. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

OP - a GP is best placed to give you the advice you need, particularly if things have changed in appearance since you were in England.

Please, put your mind at rest, and see a GP soon.

You are naturally concerned; I think trying to deal with it on your own is making you more anxious.

So - best advice you can get right now is see a GP.

Don't be embarrassed, if there is something that needs attention, get the attention you need. You can always go to a different, non-local doctor, or even an STI clinic.

I'm closing this thread now - as no one here can give you medical advice - but I do hope you get sorted.

Best of luck :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement