Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom in Stamullen ..

Options
  • 10-06-2009 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    I ordered an Ericom line last week and all was fine. There was a line already in place to was active within a couple of hours. I waited the 24 hours and as expected the line is ok for th 7.6 broadband that i wanted BUT was then told that there was no available ports at the exchange and one was being reserved? Now the exchange for me is a BB enabled cab at the end of our estate (KILBRECK). I dont use this for voice calls and now in limbo with line rental and no BB. Eircom cant tell me how long ill be waiting, and to try back in a couple of weeks?

As much as i hate it i do understand that you need a line to test to see if you can get bb BUT for me this all passed and it is a BB enabled exchange with a valid line. They just dont seem to have enough ports to cater for demand. Is this a regular thing or from experience how long can it take them to add more ports ? The lack of timeline or expectation is whats getting me as they wont obviously process the BB order until they have enough ports to complete the request .....:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

You'll be waiting until someone else cancels and is disconnected, assuming there's nobody else waiting for a port ahead of you. Depending on how each of the other operators forecast their port usage, they may have available ports in that exchange - but I don't think they can order if you're in the middle of an order with Eircom. You could chance cancelling that one and trying elsewhere, but there's the risk you find the same thing elsewhere and then you've to start the order process with eircom from the start... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

Many thanks for the reply. I take it I shouldnt hold my breath that they might add more/extra port capacity ?? :(

Advertisement