Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Aggresive non road Legal Off Road Tyres???

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone any ideas where i could get some reasonably cheap aggressive Mud tyres. They are for an Suzuki SJ413 Jeep that I am doing up at the moment,

I want to get some really aggressive tyres for it, The Jeep will only live off road driving around fields and quarries so the tyres do not need to be road legal,

The bigger and better the tyres the better :)

Also the jeep is a 90 Reg so not too expensive a tyre,

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Do a google on Insa, Fedima and Simex. They all do extreme treads in loads of sizes, it's what a lot of the challenge trucks use. Not sure who would supply them here but loads of places in UK sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Cool,

Thanks for the speedy reply,

Any other ideas for nice cheap tyres, The whole jeep only stands me about €500 so far so don't want to spend a fortune on tyres :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

If they are 16" rims you could put dumper tyres on if you are definitely not going on road. It's what trialers used back in the 80s before they were outlawed in competitions. Try an agricultural tyre place.

Dumper Tyres sound fun :D It will be living on a farm so tyres should be ok to get, Not sure if the rims would take them or the engine but i could try it, Its only a 1.3L Petrol Engine,

Ill check the tyre sizes, Will Probably end up trying to use Tubes in the end,

All ideas appreciated,

Thanks,

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

ste2006 wrote: »
    Dumper Tyres sound fun :D It will be living on a farm so tyres should be ok to get, Not sure if the rims would take them or the engine but i could try it, Its only a 1.3L Petrol Engine,

Ill check the tyre sizes, Will Probably end up trying to use Tubes in the end,

All ideas appreciated,

Thanks,

Stephen

What size tyres are on it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Here:

http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=21578

Order 4 of these for €350 delivered to your door from Camskill...they're the ideal size for your SJ - Nice and wide with good height too.

I'm running a set and can't fault them (different size on my disco though). They handle superbly in the wet on road, and are just as good as BFG MT's off it, no argument.

They'll do everything you want from them and look great to boot.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

dumper tyres could be a lot harder on the drive shafts.

Advertisement