Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Entry Requirements

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Guys, Iv applied for DITS level 8 course in MArketing and the points are 385, but i did the Foundation Irish paper. Does this mean that I cant get accepted in at all now..??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

you dont need irish for DIT so you can still get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You can check their website under your course
    http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/dt341.pdf
    appears to say you need minimum ordinary level C3 in english OR irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

this is what is says for your course on www.qualifax.ie

IRISH LEAVING CERTIFICATE:

MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:

Minimum Number of subjects: 6

3 subjects on Higher Level papers

Minimum Grade in:

Mathematics: Ordinary C3

English or Irish: Ordinary C3

Foundation Level Irish
    The Institute will not consider Foundation Level Irish for the purposes of entry requirements or for points.

END OF REQUIREMENTS

I would take it to mean if you get an OC3 in english then you can fail irish. As regards foundation, I would take it that as you have (I assume) an OC3 or above in english then the line

Foundation Level Irish
    The Institute will not consider Foundation Level Irish for the purposes of entry requirements or for points.

does not apply to you.

You're almost in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XxxShannonxxX

Kk...tnx!! Fingers crossed I get in!! Thanks 4 all ur help!! (:

Advertisement