Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭

I see the parties this time seem to be fairly quick about getting their posters down. Skerries was riddled with the things last Saturday but now the only ones remaining are a few FG and Green posters.

What I found unbelievable though is that there were still posters up for De Rossa and Deirdre De Burca this morning outside Governemtn Buildings and Dail Eireann! I'm tired of kicking the Greens and have said all I will say about them as they have enough trouble already but surely Gormley would lead by example as Minister for the Environment and Green Party Leader by ensuring these posters are taken down quickly, especially outside his own office!

Really, himself and Eamonn Gilmore could easilly send one of their lackeys out at a coffee break to remove them. I thought it looked bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

They'd better take down their cable ties as well......it's ugly, untidy littering, and under law, they're obliged to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

what do they do with the election posters... what if you wanted some, where do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

what do they do with the election posters... what if you wanted some, where do you ask?

Why would you want them? You could have taken a few on Saturday no doubt, made life easier for the party volunteers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

did you see those pics in the paper of some lads in dublin who made flower boxes out of the green parties election posters. they actually looked quite good. I live in Dub city centre and there are still loads of them around.

Some of the posters are hilarious though. DId you see the guy who look like something form Saturday Night Fever? he had his shirt wide open and a facebook logo on his poster because he's down with the kids!! priceless!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Some of the posters are hilarious though. DId you see the guy who look like something form Saturday Night Fever? he had his shirt wide open and a facebook logo on his poster because he's down with the kids!! priceless!
    Ronan Callely? (www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60455809#post60455809)
    It (or more likely his background and lack of decent policies) didn't get him elected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Are you after facebook chick's posters?

Flowerboxes sound good, and Green! Has anyone got a picture of that guy's poster? Please post... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

It's on on the link that kbannon posted. Hilarious. Looks like a right t#at!
    I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it first, had to pull over!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

they've left the plastic ties up on the poles along the Tallaght bypass. (just after the N81)... looks messy. I supposed its not the end of the world but they should really be made take away all the crap they put up. thing is I cant remember which posters were in what order on the poles now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

LoLth wrote: »
    they've left the plastic ties up on the poles along the Tallaght bypass. (just after the N81)... looks messy. I supposed its not the end of the world but they should really be made take away all the crap they put up. thing is I cant remember which posters were in what order on the poles now :(

Report them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

They're not obliged to have them all down until this Friday, then the posters are considered litter and they can be fined €150 per poster left up on poles.

You can report them for that after Friday, but unfortunately you can't report them for leaving cable ties behind, since you don't know who has left them behind. Even if you do claim that they belong to party X they can deny that they belong to them, since it's only your word for it against their's. The only way to deal with the cable ties issue is for individual parties to be obliged to have colour-coded ties for identification in future.

It's on on the link that kbannon posted. Hilarious. Looks like a right t#at!
    I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it first, had to pull over!

Christ he does! He makes Maurice Hickey (Pat Shortt's p*ss take on a county councillor) look respectable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I've still seen tonnes of posters around and, where they have removed them, they have invariably left the plastic 'wire' that holds it to the post/pole. Are they liable for those 'wires' too?

Advertisement