Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold piercing and helmet

Options
  • 10-06-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there have a scaffold piercing and wear a mbike helmet?
    Just wondering how uncomfortable it might be after getting it done. Any issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd imagine it would severely irritate the piercing, possibly cause it to migrate too.
    Particularly if it's still in the healing process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

once it's healed it's grand. Not so much if it's a fresh piercing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, not the best idea for fresh cartilage, and bear in mind that cartilage can take up to 16 months to fully heal, so have a think about it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Yeah, not the best idea for fresh cartilage, and bear in mind that cartilage can take up to 16 months to fully heal, so have a think about it first.
    thanks - 16 months puts a different slant on things. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Ahhh, that might not be the most pleasant experience.. My cartilage piercing took months to heal, and still gets red if I cram earrings in there after I haven't for a month or so. But it looks pretty, dangit =P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SlaveToTheSkids

I've had mine for over 10yrs now & I'm fine with helmets as long as I have a ball screwed on, spikes are a no go with head gear! It does take a very long time to heal but once you take good care of it it should be fine. Are you on your bike daily? If not you could just remove it when on the bike after the peircing has healed a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 087sativa

got scaffolding there a few weeks ago just wondering how long it takes to heal so i can takes it out?also if i take it out can i swap around with the bar or studs/rings in the holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It can take up to 16 months to fully heal. It may take less for you because everyones different, but best to leave it as long as possible. Do you mean can you put in 2 rings or bars if you take the scaffold bar out? If so, that should be fine once its fully healed. If you change the bar while its healing, it may cause irritation, infection or hyperthropic scarring and prolong the healing. And if you change to 2 bars/rings while its healing it may cause the piercings to fall out of line, meaning you won't be able to put a scaffold bar back in later on.

Advertisement