Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap mens haircut needed - Merged thread

Options
  • 10-06-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of the cheapest place in Galway for mens haircut. Prices seem to vary a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Barber across from Galway Arms on Dominic is good/cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

13 quid in the Barber Shop on Abbeygate St. acorss from Buon Appetito - an excellent haircut too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Barbers in Dublin & Waterford can do it for a fiver, why are we willing to pay more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

snubbleste wrote: »
    Barbers in Dublin & Waterford can do it for a fiver, why are we willing to pay more?

fiver haircut for a fiver head? ;)

Personally, I find Fat Tony's decent value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'll do it for four quid. Where are you?

*me hunts around kitchen drawer for scissors...*

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Well are you willing to go to Dublin or Waterford for a haircut?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Well are you willing to go to Dublin or Waterford for a haircut?

No, I have me own clippers..
    the point is that a business model survives that can offer haircuts for this price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

http://www.irishcollegeofhairdressing.com/menu.asp?menu=18

Try these guys. It's a hair dressing school where they will style / cut your hair for free or real cheap since they are students that are doing it. I think they only do this at certain times of the year, such as noe I think, depending on what stage a course is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sort of the same as above, but the connaught college of hairdressing does gents cuts for a fiver.

They're located in the building behind square eyes/subway on forster court. I get my own hair cut there for fifteen euro.

takes a while longer though since they're not as experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

as i have said before babers chair €10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Thanks. In these recessionary times I think most places are a bit overpriced for a basic haircut , for the time / skill involved ( with all due respect ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

House of grafton is €12

Healeys on Shop Street is 11€ Monday-Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

just posted a thread recently about hair cuts here in galway.

terribly hard to get a good haircut and yes the prices here are higher than else where.

saw a place in D4 that was only charging € 9 for a students cut. it looked posh too.

like ive been charged 14-15 most times and for another € 5 i can get it cut in a salon.

I'd like to try out one of those hair dressing schools.

.....the search continues..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kozzys is a tenner, out in the SC, the most goegeous hairdresser on the planet works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Try Tom Nally between Shop Street and High Street. Don't know what he charges but he is great crack. The mention of football (St. Michael's) and he is up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Healeys on Shop Street is 11€ Monday-Friday
    If it's the one nearly McDonald's I always paid €12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Seaneh wrote: »
    Kozzys is a tenner, out in the SC, the most goegeous hairdresser on the planet works there.
    True.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

(Scruffy) Joe's on Lower Abbeygate Street is only €9, and he does a right good job. Made a fantastic job of cutting and layering my hair. Compared to what other places charge he is buttons. Legend of a guy aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

fat tony's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

(Scruffy) Joe's on Lower Abbeygate Street is only €9, and he does a right good job. Made a fantastic job of cutting and layering my hair. Compared to what other places charge he is buttons. Legend of a guy aswell!

I ain't impressed by his work.. & he didn't charge me 9 yoyos... more like 15...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

He usually charges me 13 but I disagree about his work, I think he does a very decent haircut!

Seaneh wrote: »

Gone up to e13 now

Anyone have any other offers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

usually go to headmaster's on the tuam road below galway city gym, 12 euro, and usually pretty girls to, and havent got a bad cut yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

definitaly headmaster's 10/12 euro, friendly always get a good laugh up there or there shop in tuam road, seriously hot girls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

chic used to be the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

big b wrote: »
    fiver haircut for a fiver head? ;)

Personally, I find Fat Tony's decent value for money.

I paid 15 Euro at Fat Tony's, I think we can say with certainty they dont offer the cheapest haircuts in town, that being the question asked here.
    No, I have me own clippers..
    the point is that a business model survives that can offer haircuts for this price

Ditto, cutting mens hair to a short style at least, shouldn't cost more than 10 Euro. In my opinion a barber could do three haircuts an hour thats 240 Euro for a 8 hour day, assuming the work comes in, even if you take of a generous 50% for overheads, tax etc thats still good money especially these days.

That just my opinion, no disrespect to the auld barber's, yer doing a fine job lads and lasses keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

kozzys jacked up the price from 12 to 15 euro about a year back. this is a piss take when all I want is a simple short back and sides with the machine.
    in dublin you have polish and turkish barber shops. if they were in galway then the prices would come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

the barber down stairs in eyre square shopping center is pretty good i think they are worth the visit

(maybe I'm biased been going there for the guts of 6 years)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Yer man 'round the corner from Java's does 10 Euro cuts on Sundays... so unless you're seriously religious, that's a good deal.

Advertisement