Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extending power to new outdoor boiler location

Options
  • 10-06-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on moving my oil tank and boiler about 8 metres further from house.My question, Is it ok to extend the current power from existing point to the new location? is this a simple job/Whats involved with connections etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

More info would be need to know for sure. It all depends on what type and what size cable is it, and what rating is the boiler is.

8 meters is not that much, and shouldn't effect volt drop that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the cable can normallly be extended if there's no extra wiring needed .preventing heat loss in the pipes is usually the bigger concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

What do you mean "extended if no extra wire is needed"? Dont i need extra wire to extend?

With regard to heat loss i was gonna run the pipes in 4" pipe and insulate them!they are two 3/4" pipes.Do you think thats sufficient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

What do you mean "extended if no extra wire is needed"? Dont i need extra wire to extend?

With regard to heat loss i was gonna run the pipes in 4" pipe and insulate them!they are two 3/4" pipes.Do you think thats sufficient?

i meant additional pumps or controls etc.there's pre-insulated stuff for extending the heating pipes (it's low loss ,i forget the name)looks like this
    http://outdoorboilersofeurope.com/ThermoPEX.htm.plumber will advise you anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Cheers 4 link!

• Advertisement
Advertisement