Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC broadband and torrenting

Options
  • 10-06-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I recently signed up for NTL 10MB broadband and am using the Scientific Atlanta router.

I find I'm rarely getting the upload I'm supposed to have when torrenting with private tracker sites. So the big improvements in my ratio at my favourite sites I was expecting hasn't materialised :-(.

I'm using utorrent and am connectable. Occasionally I get 100KB upload but most of the time it's more like 20KB! - especially during office hours, though no consistent pattern is obvious to me - less even than I was getting on eircom.

Changing the preference settings in utorrent in respect of encryption, etc. doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm sure other NTL customers must have encountered the same problem. I would be grateful if you could pass on any ways to improve the upload performance in utorrent you've come up with.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I don't suppose you saw the posting at the very top of the page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jackinkul

I don't want to take an exam in the topic. Do you really think it's helpful to direct me to a thread that has 44 pages!

Can't the boards be used to allow one person to help another? I'm asking for help, not discipline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jackinkul wrote: »
    I don't want to take an exam in the topic. Do you really think it's helpful to direct me to a thread that has 44 pages!

And you may just find your answer in that thread, if not, as your question there anyway, that's the whole point of a specific P2P thread.
    Jackinkul wrote: »
    Can't the boards be used to allow one person to help another? I'm asking for help, not discipline.

It is, but you don't need an individual thread for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement