Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to delete weird folders created by robocopy..

• 10-06-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I made a mistake when typing a path into a Robocopy task. As a result Robocopy has gone and constructed the new path for me with the root folders name being the typo. I can't delete this folder as it says its not empty when it is.

I am showing hidden and system files/folders.. Also, the last folder in the level has no name. I have ownership of the file and still no go..It's really weird and I can't delete it.

I haven't tried much like safe mode/linux boot etc..

Wondering if there is a way to remove it from within windows.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Can you delete it from a command prompt. Failing that it might be corrupt. A chkdsk might fix it up and allow it to be deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

try delete it in safe mode as whatever program stopping you from deleting it cannot run in safe mode.

or try one of these programs:
    http://www.sharewareconnection.com/titles/delete-folders.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I've tried the command line and no luck.

I'll try safe mode and CHKDSK later.. thanks..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

techguy wrote: »
    I've tried the command line and no luck.

I'll try safe mode and CHKDSK later.. thanks..!
    cd folder ........ just in case
    rd . /s /q

rename and move may also work as windows won't delete files of the same name as currently loaded into memory

• Advertisement
Advertisement