Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crackle

• 10-06-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

okay, im mixing a song together here,,,iv got a piano track and an acoustic guitar track,
    play the piano on its on it sound great, nice and clear, nice sound,,
    play the guitar on its on its also nice and clear, nice tone and soound,
    play em both together and i get this crackle!

i have put compressors on aux tracks with piano in one aux and guitar in the other,,,iv made sure theres no clipping with the sound hitting red but for some reason i get a crackle when they are played together

help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Give us a rundown on spec.....

PC or MAC, what audio interface etc... sample rates, buffer sizes etc..etc.. and we will help ya find the prob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerky7518

PMI wrote: »
    Give us a rundown on spec.....

cheers :o

PC or MAC, what audio interface etc... sample rates, buffer sizes etc..etc.. and we will help ya find the prob :)

pc, m audio mini interface, sample rate 2048 h/w buffer size (pro tools setup)

its just annoying they both sound fine but put together its like theres clips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Turn on pre-fader metering and see if you can find clipping on any of the channels, auxes or plugins.

teamdresch wrote: »
    Turn on pre-fader metering and see if you can find clipping on any of the channels, auxes or plugins.

hmmmm nope cant see anything, no red lights on any of the tracks or aux
    messed around with eq's a bit there, helped a bit but didnt sound as good ha, so went to previous eq's again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

With pre-fader metering on?
    Do you have a master fader?
    Have you checked the plugin meters?

• Advertisement

teamdresch wrote: »
    With pre-fader metering on?
    Do you have a master fader?
    Have you checked the plugin meters?

ah, turns out i deleted my master fader by accident ha,
    emm yeah, retard of the year award goes to me lol

cheers, prob be here for a while if i didnt realise i didnt have my master fader there still,

that seems to have orked now, bit of compression, bobs your uncle

cheers again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

trophy.jpg

:D

Advertisement