Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Hotels

Options
  • 10-06-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I was up in Dublin last weekend and got a great deal in the old Jurys, Ballsbridge for just over €50 a night for a single room.

Our guys are still charging €100+ a night even in the current economic climate. I've even heard that some will not take your booking unless you take both Friday and Saturday night.:o

This seems crazy to me and it would appear that a cosy cartel exists whereby the hoteliers will not compete with each-other on price.

I understand the hoteliers need to balance their books but now more than ever the city needs to be encouraging as many foreign and Irish tourists into the city.

What do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

What's the need to compete when they all charge the sameish price and people pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 upthecats

Because with the shortgae of tourists they have plenty of rooms to fill.

As a result of the crazy prices people will go elsewhere and the city will get tagged as a very expensive destination.

This will adversely impact their trade in the short and long term and they are not doing the image of the city any good.

In these times, we need the city pulling together for each-other and supporting each-other as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

People who own the hotels are business people, if they are quiet, I'm sure they'll lower prices. Do you know that hotels are quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

upthecats wrote: »
    I was up in Dublin last weekend and got a great deal in the old Jurys, Ballsbridge for just over €50 a night for a single room.

Our guys are still charging €100+ a night even in the current economic climate. I've even heard that some will not take your booking unless you take both Friday and Saturday night.:o

This seems crazy to me and it would appear that a cosy cartel exists whereby the hoteliers will not compete with each-other on price.

I understand the hoteliers need to balance their books but now more than ever the city needs to be encouraging as many foreign and Irish tourists into the city.

What do people think?

Supply and demand. Hotels will charge as much as they can as long as people keep buying at that price.

Advertisement