Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up savings account - best choices

Options
  • 10-06-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey ,
    I have 6000e here and am looking to put it into a savings account , im 18 and just wondering what banks are giving the best interest at the moment ?

cheers would really appricate some advice.

andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

So it's a savings account, not a student account you're looking for? (Accurate titles help people help you - I've edited the thread title as people who know all about savings, but bugger all about student banking might avoid your thread altogether :)).

What kind of return are you looking for? Do you need access to it on demand, or can you do without it for a couple of months/year etc? The clearer the info you give, the better people can help you/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

BuffyBot wrote: »
    So it's a savings account, not a student account you're looking for? (Accurate titles help people help you - I've edited the thread title as people who know all about savings, but bugger all about student banking might avoid your thread altogether :)).

What kind of return are you looking for? Do you need access to it on demand, or can you do without it for a couple of months/year etc? The clearer the info you give, the better people can help you/

sorry really dont know that much about banking tbh.

well anything half decent would around 3% would be good ? I can do without it for a couple of months but may need it half way through college.

cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Halifax giving 3.75% - instant access on amounts up to 10k

Moneyguideireland.com has more options for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

thanks for the adive :)

set up an online account there with first active ,

cheers :)

Advertisement