Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building courses

Options
  • 10-06-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi,

Is there anywhere you get lessons/classes/courses in the the skill of building model airplanes. I bought a book, Kelvin shacklock; "Aircraft Workshop: Learn to Make Models That Fly" but is still to difficult for me.

Or is it the case model airplanes aren't for me.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi,

BEst thing again, is to check for the nearest club to you and have a chat with the members, instructors etc etc.
    I'm not aware of any clubs here with a Club house with a room for builders, but maybe somebody have more information.

Other than that, you have forums etc etc, where you can post a photo of your project or the problem you are having, and you will certainly find someone with the correct answer to sort you out in no time up to the next step.

Unfortunately, model builders are getting pretty rare these days, the hobby getting more and more a consumer affair than anything else...:( (no debate please :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

This is a great cheap way to start building and learning. You can get the square gutter pipe in any builders providers

http://www.spadtothebone.com/index.htm

I've built loads of these (hence my nickname), they fly great. Grab some election posters before they go in the bin. If not ask your local sign shop for a sheet of "4mm corriboard"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

hi boy wrote: »
    ... Is there anywhere you get lessons/classes/courses in the the skill of building model airplanes.... thanks.

Simply, walk into your local bricks and mortar model shop and ask. Model shops with expert staff are well organised to pass on the necessary expertise, and do this all the time. :D

Advertisement