Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Cistern Water Pipe Connector

Options
  • 10-06-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,
    I have to replace the float valve and ball cock in an old toilet and the water feed pipe is an old copper one (1/2") and the new float valve has a plastic male end that needs to be connected to this pipe. Its side entry and elbowed. What kind of elbow joint do I need to connect a plastic male at one end and copper pipe at other? Would something like this do : http://www.pulsar.ie/plumbing-supplies/addtocart.asp?ProductCatId=1026&ProductSubId=191

Any advice gratefully recieved :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

dodgyleg wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have to replace the float valve and ball cock in an old toilet and the water feed pipe is an old copper one (1/2") and the new float valve has a plastic male end that needs to be connected to this pipe. Its side entry and elbowed. What kind of elbow joint do I need to connect a plastic male at one end and copper pipe at other? Would something like this do : http://www.pulsar.ie/plumbing-supplies/addtocart.asp?ProductCatId=1026&ProductSubId=191

Any advice gratefully recieved :-)

Your a diyer so this is the best way... Buy a flexi tap connector. Its a length of flexiable braded hose. On one end there is a female thread and rubber washer. This fits to the bottom of the ball valve. On the other end there is a compression nut and ring this will fit on the copper pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dodgyleg

Thanks matie, I'll find a flexi tap connector and hopefully all will be well again with the old bog!!

Advertisement