Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History (HL) - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Would ye ever give it a rest? It's over. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Chruch Sate Realtions did come up

I missed it but my friend saw it because he's smart like that. Dictatorship&Democracy Q.4 - Collaboration/Resistance = Church State Relations. They 'hid' it ;)

I too used the word 'negroe' in my documents question and then learnt that I am a rascist form Q.3 What bull****. It isn't offensive :rolleyes: Docuemnts was fine overall.

Ah the long questions:

S&P - Dev's Economic and Anglo Irish policies but no CnG (which I had studied!)?! I wrote a general enough 3 pager.

N.Ireland - Apprentice Boys/Coleraine - tricky enough the way it was phrased but manged an answer.

Dictatorship - Didn't see the Church/State relations (too stressed!) so went for the dictators one. Very vague like all my answers but 3 pages anyway.

Just a question: some of my paragraphs stretch a page (small writing too): will the examiner break it up into 2 seprate paragraphs for me? otherwise I might be only getting marked out of 4 or 5 paragrpahs for each essay! hmmm

A lot of study for history for little reward. Disappointing but ara.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Tevez101 wrote: »
    Ha you still going on about the book??? The argument is the fact that it never appeared on a junior cert paper....and if you didn't realise yet, the term 'mate' was used in a sarcastic context..ah sure what else would else would I expect from someone who thinks they ask about the word objective in the junior cert...

Still going on about not being asked whether a source is biased/subjective in a History exam?

How is dreamland this time of year? lol. Tool.

Time to go do some Biology! Amoeba, hmm, just spent half a page conversing with one, awesome, a veritable case study

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

K4t wrote: »

I missed it but my friend saw it because he's smart like that. Dictatorship&Democracy Q.4 - Collaboration/Resistance = Church State Relations. They 'hid' it ;)

I too used the word 'negroe' in my documents question and then learnt that I am a rascist form Q.3 What bull****. It isn't offensive :rolleyes: Docuemnts was fine overall.

Ah the long questions:

S&P - Dev's Economic and Anglo Irish policies but no CnG (which I had studied!)?! I wrote a general enough 3 pager.

N.Ireland - Apprentice Boys/Coleraine - tricky enough the way it was phrased but manged an answer.

Dictatorship - Didn't see the Church/State relations (too stressed!) so went for the dictators one. Very vague like all my answers but 3 pages anyway.

Just a question: some of my paragraphs stretch a page (small writing too): will the examiner break it up into 2 seprate paragraphs for me? otherwise I might be only getting marked out of 4 or 5 paragrpahs for each essay! hmmm

A lot of study for history for little reward. Disappointing but ara.............
    they mark it by the amount of paragraphs you write in culmative so your f**ked there i think but the might give it back in the overall
    maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

Ah the long questions:

Are u actually having a laugh? Chruch Sate Realtions did come up
    Collaboration/Resistance = Church State Relations. They 'hid' it wink.gif

Your friend just threw away 20% of his entre history exam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Ah the long questions:

Ha ha same thing here with the word negro . . . . hadn't really enough time to go back through it and replace everytime I wrote Negro with ''black individual'' ha ha what bull**** . . . .

The examiner is meant two break it up if you have two seperate points . . . .

Overall . . . . not a nice paper but went well for me:)

Did Unionism for Irish 2

Dev for irish3

Wartime Alliances/technology for Dic and dem . . .

Very happy wit paper.

Causes of WW2 = Hitler's foreign policy
    Persecution in Fascist Europe = CSR also

You think they only write "WRITE ABOUT TEH KURCH STAT RATLON PLZ" for such an answer? The De Valera question today was pretty much

"Fianna Fáil Economic and Anglo-Irish policies 1932-45 which was dealt with better".

Wartime alliances = Virtually any WW2 essay adapted

And that's just from the questions in the topics I did.

edit: Just read the question on examinations.ie, Collaboration and Resistance could have been answered with a straight up cooperation/conflict of the church with fascist governments, along with other things; doesn't confine to one, just any examples of one or all of them...

I missed it but my friend saw it because he's smart like that. Dictatorship&Democracy Q.4 - Collaboration/Resistance = Church State Relations.

No . . . .that's neither collaboration or resistance . . . . . Sure they bleedin' well opposed Mus's Manifesto della razza . . . . and condemned Hitler's racism anti-sem etc . . . .

No way that fits into colab or resistance. . . .

GA361 wrote: »
    No . . . .that's neither collaboration or resistance . . . . . Sure they bleedin' well opposed Mus's Manifesto della razza . . . . and condemned Hitler's racism anti-sem etc . . . .

No way that fits into colab or resistance. . . .

Is that morse code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

freyners wrote: »
    they mark it by the amount of paragraphs you write in culmative so your f**ked there i think but the might give it back in the overall
    maybe...

The examiner decides how long your paragraph is, they'll divide it up in what ever way gives you the most marks

• Advertisement

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Is that morse code?

No . . . . . it's English . . . . .

GA361 wrote: »
    No . . . . . it's English . . . . .

O . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . kay . - . . .. . .- - - - -- -- ....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I did all three dictators, but only really mentioned Mussolini in passing for propaganda :pac:

My treaty negotiations question was a bit iffy, and I only got 3.05 pages...
    The other 2 were lovely though, my first essay was a little bit Butt light but what the hell , he was crap anyway.

Bus Boycott was fabulous.

phasers wrote: »
    I did all three dictators, but only really mentioned Mussolini in passing for propaganda :pac:

My treaty negotiations question was a bit iffy, and I only got 3.05 pages...
    The other 2 were lovely though, my first essay was a little bit Butt light but what the hell , he was crap anyway.

Bus Boycott was fabulous.

I did mostly about propaganda - Cults of Leader in each country partic Italy and Germany because of the Fuhrer figure and Il Duce.

Terror I didn't think of anything for Italy:/ But of course the purges, the show trials and the holocaust/Night of Long Knives and Kristallnacht

edit: Just read the question on examinations.ie, Collaboration and Resistance could have been answered with a straight up cooperation/conflict of the church with fascist governments, along with other things; doesn't confine to one, just any examples of one or all of them...
    Told ye! Never doubt my friend people. He does no study but he's smart as ****. Bollocks :D

Told ye! Never doubt my friend people. He does no study but he's smart as ****. Bollocks :D

Nothing to do with being smart... The Church both collaborated and resisted fascism... Doesn't say anything about "rebel groups" or "the Partisans" etc.

Nothing to do with being smart... The Church both collaborated and resisted fascism... Doesn't say anything about "rebel groups" or "the Partisans" etc.
    He did Church State realtions. Nobody else on here even realised it came up. (not A students in my class)He did, that's pretty smart in my opinion.

If you learnt off the case studies you were sound. Really regretting not doing that now!

He did Church State realtions. Nobody else on here even realised it came up. (not A students in my class)He did, that's pretty smart in my opinion.

If you learnt off the case studies you were sound. Really regretting not doing that now!

How is recognising "collaboration/resistance in relation to WW2" as being answerable with the collaboration/resistance of the Churches during ww2 any indication of intelligence? Kind of a foregone conclusion that it is a conflict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

Did no one else notice the hidden case studies in question 2 and 3 of the dictatorship ad democracy??

And maybe in the other ones didnt even read the questions after i decided which one i was doing.

Thought the paper was grand... to be fair though I didnt work very hard.

Know a guy who got a D1 last year after only writing a page for each essay so if thats anything to go by I definately got my C!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I did mostly about propaganda - Cults of Leader in each country partic Italy and Germany because of the Fuhrer figure and Il Duce.

Terror I didn't think of anything for Italy:/ But of course the purges, the show trials and the holocaust/Night of Long Knives and Kristallnacht
    Ah poor auld Mussolini tried didn't he? It just didn't happen. I mentioned him in youth groups for propaganda then moved on quickly. I was gonna go down the personality cult route but I tried it in my plan and I went off all rambly...

My essay was basically Terror = Stalin, Propaganda = Hitler, I was too tired at that point to do much crossing over

Also my conclusion said "Dictators often played on man's fear of the unknown" and I can't remember why now! It made sense when I wrote it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

They would have been more looking for Vichy France and the french resistance rather than Church State relations

• Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

wasn't collaboration/resistance during the war?

anyway, did terribly bad in that paper

Gi joe! wrote: »
    They would have been more looking for Vichy France and the french resistance rather than Church State relations

Yeah . . . lets not forget General Tito and the Slavs :D. . . .
    Liam O wrote: »

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Liam O wrote: »

anyway, did terribly bad in that paper

it was, the Church didn't exactly collaborate with Fascist governments, since Hitler and especially Mussolini knew how influential they were and were terrified of backlash if they went too far

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

Anyone get stuck for time? Had only 20 minutes to do my last eassy! Anyway barley managed to get 2 and a half pages done, what could I be expecting to get out of that? It was decent enough just didnt finish it so looks terrible. Mabye 40, 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I just wrote about the Ovra and blackshirt violence winning Mussolini the 1924 election for terror in Italy. Though I didn't know much about the Ovra so was pretty short!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone get stuck for time? Had only 20 minutes to do my last eassy! Anyway barley managed to get 2 and a half pages done, what could I be expecting to get out of that? It was decent enough just didnt finish it so looks terrible. Mabye 40, 50?

Standard essay is 3 and 1/2 pages long, so if its any good expect 60 to 70 marks.

I had a really good paper everything that i'd studied last night came up.

I did the deValera question on the persuit of soverignity question. I did the question where you compared Brookborugh and O'Neill on the N ireland question and the bismark compared to wilhem II question

I had only a slight problem with the timing. I just missed out on the conclusion brookborgh and o'neill question

apart from that, i'm very happy!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

landyman wrote: »
    Standard essay is 3 and 1/2 pages long, so if its any good expect 60 to 70 marks.

I had a really good paper everything that i'd studied last night came up.

I had only a slight problem with the timing. I just missed out on the conclusion brookborgh and o'neill question

apart from that, i'm very happy!!! :D:D

That cheered me up a bit :D Well try doing it with a broken finger :( Usually everything finished just in time....stupid finger, went all purple and horrible, not nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Well a lot of people seem to be putting down what they did for the terror/propaganda question, so for fun I'll put down mine! Postmortems ftw.

I think I wrote down all of the paragraphs on my paper except one, not sure, anyhoo here goes:

1) - Nuremberg Rallies
    2) - Mussolini's propaganda
    3) - Leni Riefenstahl, a bit about Triumph of the Will too and the importance of film.
    4) - Goebbels, and his role.
    5) - The Night of long knives
    6) - The Holocaust / anti-semetism, wasn't sure if this really fitted in for terror, but I included it anyway.
    7) - Stalin's Show trials
    8) - Gulags
    9) - Kulaks, talked about how it dissuaded future revolt etc.
    10) - Mentioned the Gestapo
    11) - Red Terror + state of fear
    12) - I talked about church state relations for a paragraph, mentioning how it was a form of propaganda securing Hitler + Mussolini's position as dictator, was a bit stretched but I think it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Not necessarily. You could interpret it as the Church's opposition to, say, Hitler. How the Pope wrote "with burning desire" or something of the sorts. I didn't bother with church/state but I can see where you could throw that in. I don't think you could write a full essay on the question that was given though.

Advertisement