Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I...

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

...fail higher maths but get the points to do Arts in UCD.

Can I do it? Or would I need to repeat maths?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

You need to repeat maths next year and pass. I'm in the same boat and thats what I was told anyway if you fail maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You have to meet course requirements and points requirements to get into courses.

If the course needs a D3 in higher maths, then you must have a D3 in HL maths to get in. If you get the points, but not the grade required, you could repeat only maths and keep your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

ImJohn wrote: »
    You need to repeat maths next year and pass. I'm in the same boat and thats what I was told anyway if you fail maths.

Yeah I thought that, but on UCD's website:

Entry Requirements
    Leaving Certificate:
    Passes in 6 subjects (including 2 at minimum HC3) including those shown below:
    Irish
    English
    A third language
    Three other recognised subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

I'm fairly sure you don't need to pass maths for arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

meathawk wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure you don't need to pass maths for arts.

Quality :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

...fail higher maths but get the points to do Arts in UCD.

Can I do it? Or would I need to repeat maths?

Cheers

according to www.qualifax.ie you don't need to pass maths for arts in UCD. You're in buddy ....if ya get de points :D

Advertisement