Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash' mom dead

• 10-06-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Just heard on the radio that Slash's mother "Ola Hudson" has lost her battle with cancer and has died.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That's a shame, going by his comments in interviews and in his book, he was very close with her.

From a musically POV it could see him follow the path of many musicians and release some amazing music after the death of a loved one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Kess73 wrote: »
    That's a shame, going by his comments in interviews and in his book, he was very close with her.

From a musically POV it could see him follow the path of many musicians and release some amazing music after the death of a loved one.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

buck65 wrote: »
    ?

What is the question mark for. I said it was a shame that she died and then commented that many musicians come out with their best music after a tragedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I know exactly what Kess means. For the want of a better comparison, but Sting wrote some of his best work between 1987-1990 during the period where he lost both his parents. (Nothing Like The Sun was written during the time his mother died, while The Soul Cages was written around this time his father died)

Two things tend to bring out the best in singers and songwriters. Death and birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

RIP

My heart goes to slash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

RIP in peace

Advertisement