Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Data

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is somewhere i can download lotto results.
    Preferably in a database, excel or csv file.

Thinking of writing a lotto number manager for results and tickets bought.
    I want to have the previous results in also but I really don't want to have to enter manually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

scrape aertel for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

i can get from aertel and website manually but i'd prefer to be able to import the whole list in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

i can get from aertel and website manually but i'd prefer to be able to import the whole list in one go

Google screen scraping in your desired language. You should be able to write a small function/class to pull the info automagically off the aertel website every week.

sorry for not explaining better.

i want to import all the results, going back to when lotto started. I've no issue putting in each weeks results manually. just the couple of hundred draws before that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

So what you're really asking is for a source for all historical results. I imagine the only place to get that would be the national lottery themselves.

I tell a lie:
    http://www.irishlotto.net/main-results/1988.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Talon.ie

http://lotto.ie/Prizes-and-Results/

Though the page irlrobins posted looks easier to scrape

first one should do the job. i can copy/paste into a csv file
    then when i'm importing into my db i'll just discard what i don't need ie. last part

thanks everyone. if it helps me win, i'll give ya a fiver :D

...to split :D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement