Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Focus Key Cut - South Dublin

• 10-06-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know somewhere decent in South Dublin I could get a replacement key for an 05 Focus made up?

I remember reading a thread a while back where somebody in Cork got one made up for half the price it would cost in the dealers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I know some of the older Focus keys can be made up by some locksmiths - Had an 04 one and I was sent to a locksmith in a shopping centre to get a replacement cut and coded. He couldn't do it as some had different chips (his words) that he couldn't code.

Might be worth giving a good locksmiths a call maybe to see can they do yours (presuming it's a Mk 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I had keys cut for the wife's fiesta when I sold it 2 years ago. As I didn't have the master I needed 3 in total; master & 2 slaves. I had the keys cut by a locksmith in Bray (typical little hardware place up a side street near Superquinn) and the keys coded by Fitzpatricks Ford dealership nearby. I think the whole lot cost me about €100 - had been quoted 3xthat by another dealer.
    Worth giving them a call? They'll point you towards the locksmith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

i have used www.speedykey.ie for my cars in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

Ford are cheap for getting the keys cut. A non-remote is about €40 or so and a remote one twice that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

autokey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

autokey.ie
    they're in tallaght

Advertisement