Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "80% EU law" myth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

where could one access both of those?

i would be glad to make a list as i would be reading trough them anyway - and taking a list as i am only human and to remember and cross refrence those would be immpossible

A good place to start would be
    Irish
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/

and
    EU
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/en/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It's worth remembering, of course, in any discussion on EU law, that seeing as we have a hand in drafting it, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that were we not in the EU we would probably have legislated for many of these things ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

true we would have - as we are told many are harmless and good for europe

which im sure are true - but i have an interest and am checking up for myself but if people want to see it they can ask for a list if i ever get around to doing it... it will be ridiculously massive in fairness

hhm 2008 law is not on that website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

hhm 2008 law is not on that website

oh, you'll definitely need 2008... That's when they switched from normal and unspectacular laws to the Fascist Internment Acts. Don't let all the preceding years fool you, 2008 was 99% EU laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's worth remembering, of course, in any discussion on EU law, that seeing as we have a hand in drafting it, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that were we not in the EU we would probably have legislated for many of these things ourselves.

Indeed and many good ones may not have been passed resulting in us missing out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

passive wrote: »
    oh, you'll definitely need 2008... That's when they switched from normal and unspectacular laws to the Fascist Internment Acts. Don't let all the preceding years fool you, 2008 was 99% EU laws.

:mad:

when did i say that?

''2008 was 99% EU laws.''

ah that makes perfect sense :confused: i know what you are trying to say but the english is muck much like your crap uncalled for outburst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

:mad:

when did i say that?

''2008 was 99% EU laws.''

ah that makes perfect sense :confused: i know what you are trying to say but the english is muck much like your crap uncalled for outburst

hmm.... I'm pretty sure my English was just fine, if my point was a bit convoluted.

your point was uncalled for

as i never stated or even implied what you said

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Whoa - OK, now passive is making a joke. Nobody shoot anybody!

moderately,
    Scofflaw

ha ah haha an oh lordy aahhh haaaa wew phew :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement