Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with variegated holly

Options
  • 10-06-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I planted some variegated holly about 2 months ago but it's having some problems. I've attached a photo of the plant. Can anyone identify what the problem is and how to rectify? I've been watering with Miracle Gro. Thanks for your help.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

it looks like it is either
    a) burned from the sun, watering the plant while in direct sunlight
    b) shoched from being planted
    have you applied plenty of compost when planting,
    i would stop feeding the plant for a while,
    if you were overfeeding, or under watering then damage occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

old boy wrote: »
    it looks like it is either
    a) burned from the sun, watering the plant while in direct sunlight
    b) shoched from being planted
    have you applied plenty of compost when planting,
    i would stop feeding the plant for a while,
    if you were overfeeding, or under watering then damage occurs.

They are in direct sunlight for a good part of the day. Have to say I didn't water them much after I had them planted. Guy in the nursery said they're a hardy plant. Used plenty of compost when I did plant them and there is still some there. Should I water them more using only water and not the Miracle Gro?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hardy usualy means a plant is able to survive severe frosts, water away, just do not feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I planted some variegated holly about 2 months ago but it's having some problems. I've attached a photo of the plant. Can anyone identify what the problem is and how to rectify? I've been watering with Miracle Gro. Thanks for your help.

K

I would say the problem with your plants relates to rootball drying out, ie, you are not providing adequate amounts of water.

Advertisement