Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vocal Timestreching

• 10-06-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Anyone have a surefire way of doing this in ableton live. Its the one aspect of production that i would like to know more about and start using in my stuff.. As of yet ive only been using vocal snippits but i would like to know how to make a complete vocal fit.

I also use Reason and sometimes other DAW's so any help in either of these and im sure i should be able to adapt it to ableton.

Thanks in advance guys..

Links to sites where this is being described are more than welcome as i tried looking but didnt find much..

I have lots of acapellas waiting but not sure where to begin and how to make things fit..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

just warp it.
    im presuming youve warped tracks in ableton.its pretty much the same method,just set the metronome going and place markers so that the accapella plays in time with the metronome

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Make sure you're using the correct warp mode to warp it (I reckon either complex or tones - NOT beats) and play around with the settings (grain size I think) until it sounds good.

Advertisement