Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Media Centre

• 10-06-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anyone do the group 1 broadcasting course and if so what did you make of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 smashingred

Did the course in 2006.
    Really hate to badmouth a course but it was really poor.The website gives you the impression that it was hands on , in a studio, learning all the different skills.The reality is very different-we spent I would say 95% of the time in a classroom being given these rambling lectures from people in 98 FM & FM104.
    I don't need 5 weeks of ''lectures'' to learn about the BCi etc. I could have looked it up myself.
    I think we got two sessions out on East Coast FM & about an hour of hands on work.Utter ****e-wouldn't waste my time paying for it.
    Everyone was pretty disappointed as the website pitch is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eoinS

Hi there,
    I also did this course a few years ago and also found it be be very poor and not worth the money. As stated above all it consists of is a few "lectures" from a few nobodys in a small office and then a few weeks in East Coast Radio where you mostly watch somebody else produce a show.

Its nothing like what it says on the tin/website. Most people on the course wrote emails to the course director complaining about the course and so on - AVOID.

eoinS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

Cheers for that guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maggieo

Hi,

I did that radio broadcasting course a while ago - they must have made some major improvements cos I found it great. I learnt a lot and the lecturer were really helpful. There was a bit of lecturing (I needed a bit of background info) but most of it was hands on. I thought it was good value for a part time course. Planning to do the Advanced course soon! :)

Advertisement