Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GrangeView Estate - Clondalkin Dublin 22

Options
  • 10-06-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you can give me any info on this estate. Is it an ok area to live, dies there be any trouble??

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

while grangeview itself is realativly quiet all around it is one big ****hole.
    that estate is plauged by burglaries and car thefts and if you can stomach having a big halting site that was the scene of a full scale riot last month youll be fine.

but if you want my advice try moving to the lucan side of the canal foxorough or the surronding areas much cleaner and nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Just asked the old man, Dublin fireman so it's always worth asking.

Response is that he'd rather live in Iraq. Keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carriec87

Oh god, is it that bad... hmmm... think i'll have to have another look elsewhere... Thanks for d info!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carriec87

Can anyone else give me their opinions on this estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Know somebody who moved from St Johns to Grangecastle. he wasn't long in the place when his new garden shed was torched. We had looked around the place when we were buying but the minute we saw the halting site we bolted!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Cherrywood has also gone downhill and I have friends who moved there in the early 90's they sold up during the boom,mainly because it was turning into a kip! Another friend has also moved out and is just renting his gaff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Avoid, avoid, avoid,

One would have to wonder at the mentality of someone who would move from St. Johns to Grangeview?

Second the fact that Cherrywood has gone downhill too.

Also, would not rate Foxborough either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

carriec87 wrote: »
    Can anyone else give me their opinions on this estate?

everyone I've asked in the past week or so says avoid. I assume like me your eye was caught by the nice 3 bed semis at knock down prices. (and those asking prices are easily bargained down further ;) ) Unfortunately there's a reason so many of them are for sale and so cheap. Nobody I've asked has said anything remotely positive about the place. Wait a little while longer and you'll get similar properties in better areas for the same price.

Advertisement