Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Linguistics Booklist

Options
  • 10-06-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the books for first year linguistics, even just a few worth reading to give a solid intro to the course? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I bought An Introduction to Language by Fromkin, Rodman and Hyams. It's a very good book, I used it as a reference for all my modules. Apart from that I just borrowed from the library as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Zounds wrote: »
    I bought An Introduction to Language by Fromkin, Rodman and Hyams. It's a very good book, I used it as a reference for all my modules. Apart from that I just borrowed from the library as necessary.

i got that into to language one too, but to be honest i wouldnt get any books! first yr linguistics is a doddle, the entire department are so laid back and down to earth so you wont be stressing out at all. i really would just use the ones in the library, its full of all the books and the short loan lib is really handy. and iv always found it easy to get linguistics books and iv just finished my undergrad in linguistics!

Advertisement