Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you offer on this house?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

offer 200,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Well it needs a load of work and it's in the middle of nowhere.
    Toughie.

Will the Irish ever learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

A bit tacky. Maybe €150,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Don't know the area but I'm guessing that price is more like the end of 2006 prices. Its only 124 sq meters in size. Compare other properties around before putting an offer in but it doesn't look like its a house that sell quickly.

No indoor pictures, usually a reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Dumb wrote: »
    A bit tacky. Maybe €150,000?

Uh, a big difference between €425,000 and €150,000. Still though €150,000 might be a good starting point. I don't think the property is especially bad though. A few odd bits lying around not helping. Its seems to be surrounded by a sizeable garden so a bit of landscaping might work wonders or better still if you are any way green fingered to attack it yourself. For fear of sounding like an EA think the property has got good potential:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I don't think they'll accept 150, wish they would though!!!
    Reckon they'll think i'm a messer if I offer 150, maybe 200k but it's a big drop.
    EA told me they'd an offer in for 355, but sure that's all pie in the sky
    Second viewing tonight, I'll reasess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

ellejay wrote: »
    Reckon they'll think i'm a messer if I offer 150, maybe 200k but it's a big drop.

If someone has offered 355 then run a mile and let them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Humblepie

ellejay wrote: »

Given these times, youve nothing to lose by offering 150k. Reality is these days the house is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Im pretty sure the EAs phone isnt hopping re this property !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If someone else has offered 355- let them have it. I can see the potential in this place, don't get me wrong- but you have to factor its location into the equation- its outside Newtownmountkennedy- not D4/D6...... The current asking price is delusional......

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

I think this is the house a friend of mine viewed recently. If it is, steer clear. The only access road is owned by the neighbours. The roof is leaking (and has been for some time) in several locations. Planning permission was sought to demolish it and build a number of townhouses but the neighbours who own the access objected. Sounds like a potential hornets' nest to me. In these times even €100k for the site with no planning permission and no control over access seems excessive.

Having said all that, if I'm talking about a different house that just happens to have extremely similar details then my humble apologies to the vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

THanks for that ITDept, i'll check that out.

Walking distance of schools,pubs and shops and 20 minutes off peak from sandyford and set in a rural environment.
    Even if you had to spend €60k on it,it's worth at least €300k plus in my opinion.

Similar properties in the south of the county anecdotally are making about that and more and they are a lot further out from Dublin.

Any offer sub 250k will probably be laughed at.

It was probably worth circa 500k 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

It's very close to N11 and commuter distance to Dublin with good size garden. I would agree with the offer of 300K I would love that place for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

Walking distance of schools,pubs and shops and 20 minutes off peak from sandyford and set in a rural environment.
    Even if you had to spend €60k on it,it's worth at least €300k plus in my opinion.

Similar properties in the south of the county anecdotally are making about that and more and they are a lot further out from Dublin.

Any offer sub 250k will probably be laughed at.

It was probably worth circa 500k 3 years ago.

Yes it probobly was, and it will probobly be 300k before the end of the year and 100 in the next 3-4 years.

Property is going no where but down for a long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I don't understand how people still don't get this.

The last few years were a property bubble. That means any prices which are roughly close to the bubble prices are drastically too large.

You need to stop thinking "it's good value compared to two years ago" and start thinking "how much will this house be worth when people cop on and realise everything is overpriced?"

That house will be selling for less than 200k (probably 150k) in a few years. By all means waste your money now and bail out the current owner, but be aware that you are buying into the delusion if you pay anything close to 300k.

It's a **** hole in the countryside. It is not a valuable house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

An example of property sentiment in this area- agricultural land is currently changing hands at approximately 24 times the level it achieved in 1994. That is agricultural property prices- not zoned prices.......

I can see the potential in the property- but I really cannot see any merit in paying purely aspirational prices to the seller- because of where the property was at 2-3 years ago. I really don't see that limited sales elsewhere in the county have any bearing on the inherent value associated with this property. Where are Irish property prices going- and what is a reasonable expectation of the value of this in say 4 or 5 years time? I've had a look at the property on google earth- there are a lot of questions which would have to be clarified- totally aside from a 30-40k refurb necessary to make the property habitable......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

This is out in the middle of nowhere, it needs to be refurbished inside, probably end up costing more that 30k. Anything more than 100 000 euro is to much.

These people want 450k, they are clearly suffering from delusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _aggie_

Hiya,

following ellejay post, have similar question.
    Looking to buy a house in Swords, FTB, have no idea how much to offer in the first place, but would recon somewhere round 200k for a start (on all of them) am happy to get a place that needs some work but know that goes with further financial input, hesitate however to brake the 200 figure and offer 190, that would be a heavy hit wouldnt?

any comments/advise much appreciated

www.daft.ie/1470385
    www.daft.ie/1280291
    www.daft.ie/1455343

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

_aggie_ wrote: »
    Hiya,

following ellejay post, have similar question.
    Looking to buy a house in Swords, FTB, have no idea how much to offer in the first place, but would recon somewhere round 200k for a start (on all of them) am happy to get a place that needs some work but know that goes with further financial input, hesitate however to brake the 200 figure and offer 190, that would be a heavy hit wouldnt?

any comments/advise much appreciated

www.daft.ie/1470385
    www.daft.ie/1280291
    www.daft.ie/1455343

cheers!

They all look to be houses in similar areas and condition. For me its simple. I offer based on what an investor would look for - my suggested rent yield is 6%. Take this formula and see what you get for each - (yearly rent less 10% expenses / 6) * 100.

Advertisement