Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newpark drive

Options
  • 10-06-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

They've finally decided to do something about newpark drive and look at the progress they've made in like 2 weeks. Ive had many a wing mirror scraped and been chased into the ditch while walking over the years. I wonder what took them so long to get started?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Is that the slip road alongside the military barracks or the one going into Newpark Close? The wheels of common sense move very slowly anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Yep its the one alonside the barracks wall.. Very busy road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wish they'd put a footpath on the short stretch of road between Newpark Fen and New Orchard road/Golf Links road. I always end up walking in the bloody ditch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I go this route home every day from work and have lost count of the times I nearly clipped side-mirrors with cars coming in the opposite direction. This can be a very busy road and was definitely due the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

jiggajt wrote: »
    I wonder what took them so long to get started?

I would imagine, it was negotiating with the residents, seeing as they're taking a good chunk of their front gardens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Nightwish wrote: »
    I would imagine, it was negotiating with the residents, seeing as they're taking a good chunk of their front gardens.

Oh I reckon they were nicely paid though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I reckon they were. Though it was in their interest too, to get the road sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ber12009

about time it was a night mare

Advertisement