Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chapelizod fishing

Options
  • 10-06-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hello,

a friend lives there and he sees people fishing in chapelizod all the time , both sides of the bridge

can anyone tell me if you need al icence to fish the liffey at chapelizod

not looking for anyone to give away the family jewels of their great location or what bait to use , just looking for helpful advice thats all

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Paulie907

i think it depends what your fishing for, if its for mullet or trout you should be ok, best thing is ask in any tackle shop or go on the eastren fisheries website. hope this helps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The Chapelizod stretch is a closed salmon fishing club, so from the weir down to about 400 metre below the village is either a fishing sanctuary or private.

The Memorial Park stretch below it is free access, a pathway runs along it, try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flah

tks for the advice, did a bit of digging and am ok to fish in the top location i found,

now all i need is the fishys to show up -

tks again -

Advertisement