Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big worldwide announcemnt Immenint.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Morlar wrote: »
    Actually there was something on the news about 2 unidentified (suspected islamist) passengers. (seriously).

I did hear that on the radio but I'm guessing it's the usual thing of somebody seeing a couple of Middle Eastern sounding names and putting two and two together and getting five.

Slightly off topic has anyone ever noticed that nobody cares when people stereotype or make racial slurs about the French.

Not a complaint BTW, c'est la vie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Collie D wrote: »
    anyone ever noticed that nobody cares when people stereotype or make racial slurs about the French.

Not a complaint BTW, c'est la vie :p

Maybe its because arrogance is so endearing ? Actually I'd say its because they are predominantly white/christian and so = fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Interesting timing!

They must have noticed the global downturn and loans crisis and are arriving to buy their holiday homes from the locals at a lower price! ;)

Don't tell me that Stargate is actually based in the Alps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Don't tell me that Stargate is actually based in the Alps?

It was originally based in Moyross but was deemed too violent for tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Big worldwide announcemnt Immenint

And they actually trusted this information with someone who spells the word "immenint" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Expect a big anouncment From the French Goverment in the next day or two, this anouncment will effect the way we view the universe. Im sorry i cant say anymore for now.

Al Murray was right... the French are up to something !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Butterfly baby

Sorry but the Americans got there first and apparently when Arnie said "I'll be back" he was lying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

Disregard my last thread, ive been told to hold my post for a few days, ican just say a few things here.
    1. Expect a big anouncment From the French Goverment in the next day or two, this anouncment will effect the way we view the universe. Im sorry i cant say anymore for now.

i want what you're smoking! :pac:

• Advertisement

Or if it's anything to do with the fact that staring into Gérard Depardieu nostrels is akin to looking into two black holes we already knew that too and yeah, we all know frogs legs taste like chicken too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

ahara wrote: »
    The big announcement is that Aliens came to earth a while back wishing to help us earthlings by bringing us peace, love, harmony, renewable energy, etc. However, they made the mistake of landing first in France and in typical form the Frenchies were so ignorant to these visitors to their country that the aliens fecked off back to space again and are now building a deathstar to wipe us out.

C'est la vie.

It's bringing love! .... Break it's legs!

http://www.jeboavatars.com/images/avatars/293222179066mrburns3.jpg

.Bob wrote: »
    i want what you're smoking! :pac:

Kind of makes the case for keeping it illegal.
    we all know frogs legs taste like chicken too...

Maybe chicken tastes like frog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Let me guess - Real french wemen never had p***c hair? Or their wine is infact cat piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Pygmalion wrote: »
    OP is referring to an announcement that will supposedly be made about UFOs by a "senior government official" in France. Was posted to the site allnewsweb and copied by other news sites (no large ones thankfully) who refused to care that there were no sources or names, and that allnewsweb is known for being very unreliable.

I thought it might be a variation on the old "Pope to make an announcement..." joke....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Keyboard cat will become President of France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Clearly this canot be true as aliens only ever land in America and never bother with the rest of the world.

Not that I don't like the idea of aliens though (there had better be life out there or else it's just a great big waste of space) but it would seem the entire universe has acieved superluminol velocities based on the amount of alien visitations our little planet gets.

Delboy was right and it is actually pronounced "Bon-jurno"...

Overflow wrote: »
    This thread? Don't tell me you believe all this BS !!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60632807#post60632807

Just had a look at that page, stopped reading after the first line:
    When I heard of the horrific Air France tragedy one of the first thoughts that came to my mind was the obvious 'Is there a UFO connection?

Delboy was right and it is actually pronounced "Bon-jurno"...

That's actually Italian...keep digging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Disregard my last thread, ive been told to hold my post for a few days, ican just say a few things here.
    1. Expect a big anouncment From the French Goverment in the next day or two, this anouncment will effect the way we view the universe. Im sorry i cant say anymore for now.

M'kay......

Southkerry is it? Aliens coming you say? French government? Indeed.......

Now who do I know of from Kerry with the correct credentials to come up with this......

Aha!!

ex-padre_neil_horan.jpg

Will you be dancing a jig down the Champs-Élysées to welcome our new Alien overlords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

this anouncment will effect the way we view the universe. Im sorry i cant say anymore for now.
    this is big folks and will change how we view the universe.

Sounds like the French have invented a giant telescope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Do you know it must really suck to start a thread, have it moved to a forum you're banned from and have people take the piss outta ya.
    Poor OP :D

Then again when the aliens come he'll have the last laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The French are starting a world war? That would be quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

K4t wrote: »
    The French are starting a world war? That would be quite funny.

They might be bad, but they don't have a death wish.

I bet they're turning on the LHC, or is that in Switzerland? 3/1 odds it explodes in their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The French have found aliens and are making an announcement because of it?

Tenner bets they're surrendering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

THE ALIENS ARE COMING and taking our.... DVD Players?
    http://www.allnewsweb.com/page6636632.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You can watch the impending invasion live here btw, well, not live, it updates every 5 seconds or so.

http://www.tate.org.uk/space/webcam.htm

I have it set at the moment to watching some of the UFO's to the top right and a few around the bottom right.

I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome our new alien overlords and declare myself clearly with an open policy and view toward full social welfare benefits, our jobs and our women if they so require, no probs, work away lads...

EDIT: ...and another one, this one is live from the ISS - doesn't broadcast all the time though...
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/isslivestream.asx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Remember when France surrendered when they were invaded by Germany during the second World War? Man, that **** never stops being funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

jester77 wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that they are going to... take the french out of fries!
    They'll have to conquer Belgium first!

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    The French have found aliens and are making an announcement because of it?

Tenner bets they're surrendering

The aliens have found French people and are making an announcement because of it?

Tenner bets they say "They taste like chicken"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

The aliens have found French people and are making an announcement because of it?

Tenner bets they say "They taste like chicken"
    frogs legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

They've discovered the eight volume of Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu! Joy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

this from a country thats got an airport for UFO's?

...right... I always thought they were hiding something...

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I've seen no reputable media outlets or government press make mention of this, so I'm willing to bet that either the information is completely unremarkable or the disclosure event wont even happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

monellia wrote: »
    I've seen no reputable media outlets or government press make mention of this, so I'm willing to bet that either the information is completely unremarkable or the disclosure event wont even happen.

Surely they'ld only disclose such a thing if it were either
    a) perfectly safe and they were deemed to be completely benevolent / working with us for decades
    b) about to attack and they need everyone to grab the nearest pitchfork to defend the planet

Anything in between and it would spook a small percentage of the population enough to go running to the hills.

I'd say this rumour is either fake, or part of some evil marketing departments advertisement campaign... "prices which are out of this world"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

They've discovered deodorant...

this from a country thats got an airport for UFO's?

...right... I always thought they were hiding something...

- Drav!

I thought that was in some Middle Eastern Country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i dont know how this fits in but this is true----france ,it is illegal to park a flying saucer in any french vineyard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

I would like on behalf of After Hours, say to our Alien friends Failte!*

*(please note before any act of aggresion is contemplated, we would ask you to view the full collection of Tom Cruise's dvds. If this has not changed your train of thought please Wikipedia Chuck Norris. If this has not deterred you i would like to ask you to become familiar with the name Mary Harney. She will slaughter you in your droves and bathe in the blood of your young...and thats just to work up an appetite.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

They discovered how babby is formed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

gcgirl wrote: »
    Worm holes?? everythings gone Donnie Darko??

that might explain why they havent found the air france plane yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

All presidents over 5 foot tall will have to kneel down in all future pictures with Sarkozi. :D

Linky - here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I thought that was in some Middle Eastern Country?

Could of sworn i read something years ago about one in France.

Anyhow, quick search on a reputable serarch engine lead me to find out there was plans of alledgely building an airport for UFO's in Peurto Rico.

http://www.ufodigest.com/ethighway.html

- Drav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Soylent Green Chicken flavoured Pot Noddle is made out of people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

that might explain why they havent found the air france plane yet.

But.....they have. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

how will those with out de telly get this worldwide announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

French Government admit France is probablly not the centre of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

They found the ""holy grail"" under the pyramid - and French are direct bloodline from Jesus and Dan Browne is their new prophet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They're just going to say "made you look" it's what they always do and it's not funny damnit, the joke wore thin at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement