Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a peice of me at the WSOP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Best of luck in Vegas Nicky. Would love to see you get a couple of cashes and make some money for yourself and the lads that got a piece of the action. No problem to you IMO.

Would be great to get a deep run or two Tony. I'd imagine the smallest field of those four games will be around 2500 players so ideally I don't want to gather a huge stack until theres about 13 players remaining in any of the first three games. In the main event I think I want them a little earlier, maybe 18 left as I can attack the FT bubble from that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

nicnicnic wrote: »
    Would be great to get a deep run or two Tony. I'd imagine the smallest field of those four games will be around 2500 players so ideally I don't want to gather a huge stack until theres about 13 players remaining in any of the first three games. In the main event I think I want them a little earlier, maybe 18 left as I can attack the FT bubble from that point.

Nice strategy...you might aswel save the suckouts til around that time too. 2 pronged attack!

One thing i was thinking about. You miss more hands than anyone i've ever played with due to the amount of time you spend away from the table smoking. In there huge events, you could be a couple minutes walk from the smoking area. You going to try some patches for Vegas or abstain a little?

Not actually sure about the smoking policy in the RIO

Nice strategy...you might aswel save the suckouts til around that time too. 2 pronged attack!

One thing i was thinking about. You miss more hands than anyone i've ever played with due to the amount of time you spend away from the table smoking. In there huge events, you could be a couple minutes walk from the smoking area. You going to try some patches for Vegas or abstain a little?

Not actually sure about the smoking policy in the RIO

not for the last 18 months Tony, nicorette gum FTW

ffs shows how long since it is since i've played at the same table table as you! Nice one Nic but maybe its time to give up the Nicorette gum too!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Hi Nicky, it seems like Twitter is the new way to go for letting people know your chip counts etc.
    (http://poker-2-0.blogspot.com/2009/0...-spots-to.html)

Any chance? Nudge nudge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

gl nicky just seen this now woulda bought a %. im sure ill see u over there. anyway i reckon ull spend alot more than expected on coke and hookers and will end up having to sell more %. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sean@boards.ie

That the big win right there. :)

Best of luck over there nic, look forward to following your progress.

ffs shows how long since it is since i've played at the same table table as you! Nice one Nic but maybe its time to give up the Nicorette gum too!! :p

ah no Tony, I still smoke like a chimney, just use the gum when playing
    Hi Nicky, it seems like Twitter is the new way to go for letting people know your chip counts etc.
    (http://poker-2-0.blogspot.com/2009/0...-spots-to.html)

Any chance? Nudge nudge.

I'm really old and scared of things like facebook and twitter but i will have a look tomorrow .
    BIGMICKG wrote: »
    gl nicky just seen this now woulda bought a %. im sure ill see u over there. anyway i reckon ull spend alot more than expected on coke and hookers and will end up having to sell more %. ;)

separate roll for the coke and hookers which wil not be blown on poker

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Only saw this now.
    The very best of luck in Vegas, I'm sure theres a big result on the way.
    A lot of smart guy's after investing wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    I'll take 1% also, nice to have a bit of interest in the WSOP.
    suilen wrote: »
    $180 shipped and cheers for this as it will add a bit of interest to the WSOP as digiman said.

Jez, greddy feckers, you would think they had enough interest in this

• Advertisement

no Vegas degen tonight investor's will be glad to see, looking forward to leg one in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

no Vegas degen tonight investor's will be glad to see, looking forward to leg one in the morning

Best of luck with it mate. YOU'VE GOT THE POWWWWWWWWWWWWER

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ah no Tony, I still smoke like a chimney, just use the gum when playing

That actually made me spit out my Coco Pops laughing!:pac:

:( busted todays $1500 towards the end of level two, i'll stick a report up later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Unlucky Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Can you post a pic of you punching Helmuth so we know you didnt go Big Al on us?

Drakar wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of you punching Helmuth so we know you didnt go Big Al on us?

wont be happening, have you actually seen the size of him
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Unlucky Nicky

hmm not exactly:o

With a 90 bigblind starting stack the $1500 games are going to have a high early attrition rate, unfortunately I was one of the casualties today. I started very well adding almost 50% to my stack in the first 30 minutes, hitting a few hands and connecting with a couple of flops. There was four bad players at the table and two decent ones. Picked up AdAH in the small blind and bumped it up to 275 after two limper's. The second limper called and i doubled him up on a three diamond flop; he held 9d4d. I dropped to 2k by the end of level one. Near the end of level two I was back to exact starting stack when I raised A10 in mid position to 300, the BB who had been by far the most active player 3-bet to 1050. I know his range was wide here and I had a good image so shoved, unfortunately he had AdKd and I was busto on an all Diamond flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

early days nicky u will cash, have a bet with a buddy of mine u will cash this year best of luck.... u playing any cash games

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

rubbish and thread derail type posts deleted

I have learnerd a few tings from this though

Yuletired is a popcorn filled fukker.

Nicnicnic is playing under his own steam after a titanic-esq voyage to vegas

big al(s) are taking over the spice burger raquet in Ireland

eoin kelly has a horrible mullet

limerick hurlers are dirty ^$£^$£%$^'s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Good Luck NICnicNIc, ship it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

KevIRL wrote: »
    rubbish and thread derail type posts deleted

I have learnerd a few tings from this though

Yuletired is a popcorn filled fukker.

Nicnicnic is playing under his own steam after a titanic-esq voyage to vegas

big al(s) are taking over the spice burger raquet in Ireland

eoin kelly has a horrible mullet

limerick hurlers are dirty ^$£^$£%$^'s

pity u dont do this when other people are been talk about as fast or is it just for the special ones :rolleyes:

corkie123 wrote: »
    pity u dont do this when other people are been talk about as fast or is it just for the special ones :rolleyes:

What?

What?

post 107 why was that not removed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I think corkie is from cork, which explains the language he's typing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol are still trying to defend big al corky? how's the band going btw?

I think corkie is from cork, which explains the language he's typing in.

haha :D:D

lol are still trying to defend big al corky? how's the band going btw?

who else will . seem like people here think there been there done that but really they know nothing they need to grow up a bit

the joke about it all is that al went with his own money and lost that, no one here gave anything but they think they have the right to have a go at him when ever they like . some would like to get some of his results but will never be good enough to do it and just like to talk **** instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

who else will . seem like people here think there been there done that but really they know nothing they need to grow up a bit

the joke about it all is that al went with his own money and lost that, no one here gave anything but they think they have the right to have a go at him when ever they like . some would like to get some of his results but will never be good enough to do it and just like to talk **** instead :D

Give it a fkin rest Sean,you're like a broken record ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement