Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a peice of me at the WSOP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Answer me this then:

Are you claiming that he sold no shares whatsoever for his trip to Vegas last year?

As for his results, he has been around 10 years (more?). They are nothing particularly earth shattering on that basis to be perfectly honest.

a few of us had shares but we did not slate him because he lost so why should ye .most of the money he lost was his own

as f or his results well opinions differ on them i suppose i dont have a wsop final table like he has but would love one maybe u dont

all im saying is people should get someone else to slag

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

corkie123 wrote: »
    a few of us had shares but we did not slate him because he lost so why should ye .most of the money he lost was his own

as f or his results well opinions differ on them i suppose i dont have a wsop final table like he has but would love one maybe u dont

all im saying is people should get someone else to slag

did he actually play the tournaments he was meant to?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

did he actually play the tournaments he was meant to?

he played most of them but he ran out of money the few of us who had knew that might happen

all im saying is people should give it a rest like danny said im like a broken record from this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol @ defending a guy that scammed u!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

I thought this thread was about Nicky Power.

By the way, good luck Nicky. Main event is where you'll shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

May I respectfully request of one of the mods in Nicky's absence, that all irrelevent crap be deleted so that Nicky and his 'shareholders' have somewhere to follow his progress.
    I'm sure it's past your bedtime anyway Sean.:)

Tyty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Never gets old IMO.

Anyway back on topic, is Nicky still behaving like a Nun in his preperation or has he broken out yet?

More or less the nun, golf yesterday at bali hi smashing course impossible greens, nice dinner at botero in encore last night, more golf planned for today. total of about four hours poker since I've arrived. Planning to get stuck into poker from tomorrow on.

just want to say that the suggestion made the other night that I sold percentages of myself here in tournaments that I was sponsored into is not right and a bit insulting if I'm honest.

oh yeah, come one Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

What day you playing the main event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mod note - Leave this thread for Nicky to update his band of merry investors and regale us with tales of golf and other such Vegas delights. I'm sure there is plenty of other places to discuss other investments - LLoyd, this goes for you too ;)

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

Thanks.

What day you playing the main event?

thinking D.

A guy just asked me in the lift had I been playing the seniors event :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

nicnicnic wrote: »
    thinking D.

Next year, Nicky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

thinking D.

Was seeing who is playing what day, so i can come down and rail some of you's.

Was seeing who is playing what day, so i can come down and rail some of you's.

the last time I was over most of the lads played b or c with the perception that d would be the hardest as most of the pro's would play that day. I cant remember the rational behind that but I want to play d as I dont want more then a days break if I make day two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

the last time I was over most of the lads played b or c with the perception that d would be the hardest as most of the pro's would play that day. I cant remember the rational behind that but I want to play d as I dont want more then a days break if I make day two.
    I think the reason was pro's drag themselves from their cash games and just pay in on the last day.. Was it valor or PillowTalk who was in the line with all the high stakes regulars 20 mins before reg finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jim Stavros

This is a terrible investment imo. If you don't know what a good investment is, I suggest you read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055601162

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

More or less the nun, golf yesterday at bali hi smashing course impossible greens, nice dinner at botero in encore last night, more golf planned for today. total of about four hours poker since I've arrived. Planning to get stuck into poker from tomorrow on.

just want to say that the suggestion made the other night that I sold percentages of myself here in tournaments that I was sponsored into is not right and a bit insulting if I'm honest.

When are you on again Nicky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Get in Nic, as Simon says....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Sound reason to want to play the d day but alternatively day a may be the softest possible with all the 1st timers and luckbox online qualifiers eager to get going

• Advertisement

GoGoEnpea wrote: »
    When are you on again Nicky?

Saturdays $1500 is next up on the list, apart from that just playing it by ear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Very best of luck Nicky. You will need a bit of a run to get through any of them fields as I found out last year, but your due a little bit of good fortune and if it comes your way while your over there, theres no better man to take advantage of it.

I'm sick as a fcuking pig that i missed out on the investment oppertunity. Just go ahead and make me puke!!!

Connie

just stuck a blog post up, should really post it here also

The next two weeks will be all about the poker. Since I posted Tuesday I played a small $125 buy in late night game in Caesars cashing for a grand. Finally won at golf but it was more down to the opponents bottling it on the 18th and Marty's shrewdness then anything I contributed. Two points down at the 18th I got a point and Marty three while Julian and Paul both scratched, ship, glad I didn't lose another two percent in main event. I swapped 2.5 % with Jude and Derek so just about own over 50% of myself at this stage.

I played the $550 game in the Venetian today and just busted a very healthy 55k stack with 260 of the 660 starters remaining. I held Jacks in both hands I lost the chips. First one I folded the turn after putting in about 20k on a 9 high board to be shown Aces, second one I ran into kings on a queen high boards in a 3-bet pot. I had just been moved to the table which Derek was on and he told me later that the guy I checked raised on the flop was a total rock. Figures as he took an age to call, I thought during that time that I had the pot.

Little disappointed not to go deeper but was very happy with how I played up to that point and seem to be picking up a few decent hands which I haven't been the last few months. Mentally I don't think I could be in better form in the run up to the main event. When I got here my mind was filled with negatives about my game but the last week have done wonders for my perspective and I'm honestly looking forward to the next two with a great amount of enthusiasm and confidence. I just feel things are starting to click.

btw who is GoGoEnpea

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

btw who is GoGoEnpea
    Goodlucktoyou by the way I forgot to say it before. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Yeah, good luck Nicky.
    Would like to see the Planter's good instinct moment when you call a donk's all in reraise with 1010 and he shows you AQos. I tried that move on you in the Green Isle....Ace on the flop,:D 10 on the river....:(

Hope you run good. One time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Good luck in the rest of the tourneys. Midfield is the place to be, ahead of the stragglers, and just behind the pace ...... "handy all the way".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Mr lifestyle of the rich n famous, (who wants a piece of me)
    Mr oh my god this nicky shames us,
    Mr I've no cards but I'm all in,
    MR I'm behind but I still win

I'm away on the holliers NN good luck in the main event. Jacko may be gone but Britney is still with us :D good song for yer karioke exploits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

1,000 Players Lighter

The tournament has already dusted off almost 1,000 players in the first three and a half levels. Approximately 1,830 players remain with an average chip stack of 6,800.
    * 34 minutes ago | Posted by tsbostic
    Prizepool Information

The prizepool has been announced for Event 51. Here's a quick run down of the numbers:

Players: 2,781
    Prizepool: $3,796,065
    Players Paid: 297
    1st Place: $664,426
    9th Place: $80,984
    297th Place: $2,733

• Advertisement

:( busted halfway through level six with about 1200 players remaining, got off to a decent start had 9300 at break one, no big pots. Had a terrible second session dropping to 1600 on break two again no big pots, just lots of raiser and C-bets going astray . Got it back to 6800 when I go out in the following situation. Blinds 150/300 25a I'm button and raise to 900 with Qs8s, both blinds call, flop 5s7s Qx, sb leads for 1200, bb calls and I ship. SB calls with 55 for the set, I pick up extra outs when a 6 hits the turn but no joy.

Advertisement