Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a peice of me at the WSOP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

nicnicnic wrote: »
    :( busted halfway through level six with about 1200 players remaining, got off to a decent start had 9300 at break one, no big pots. Had a terrible second session dropping to 1600 on break two again no big pots, just lots of raiser and C-bets going astray . Got it back to 6800 when I go out in the following situation. Blinds 150/300 25a I'm button and raise to 900 with Qs8s, both blinds call, flop 5s7s Qx, sb leads for 1200, bb calls and I ship. SB calls with 55 for the set, I pick up extra outs when a 6 hits the turn but no joy.

It's reminiscent of an ipoker set up. Unlucky nicky , better luck in the rest of the events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

blogage

Played the $1,500 yesterday, this was by far the easiest table I've ever sat on in a tournament with a buy in greater then €1,000. The standard in a regular €50 club game in Ireland is probable better TBH. Busted halfway through level six with about 1200 players remaining, got off to a decent start had 9300 at break one, no big pots. Had a terrible second session dropping to 1600 on break two, again no big pots, just lots of raiser and C-bets going astray . Got it back to 6800 when I go out in the following situation. Blinds 150/300 25a I'm button and raise to 900 with Qs8s, both blinds call, flop 5s7s Qx, sb leads for 1200, bb calls and I ship. SB calls with 55 for the set, I pick up extra outs when a 6 hits the turn but no joy. I play the $1,500 again tomorrow and a cash would be nice.

On the golf front I've come to the conclusion that Spillane and Gardner are total bandits. Played twice since I last blogged. Five of us played the TPC Vegas and Gardner romped it, I got out ahead winning side bets with Marty and Paul. Dave Callaghan did nearly break my thumb in a buggy smash. Today we played better balls on Bears Best course and team Spillane/Gardner murdered myself and Marty again, thankfully I wised up on playing for percentages and just lost a few bucks. On the drive out to the TPC course the taxi driver commented " look at that crazy running in this heat" obviously when we look out the window we spot Dara pounding the pavement in 100+ degrees.

Had an enjoyable few drinks with Jude, Derek, Jude's wife Ashley and brother in law Dave last night. I've acquired a taste for white russians made on grey goose vodka over here, smashing drink but they don't half kick.

Having discussed the starting day for the main event with a number of players whom advice I respect, I've taken a compleat tournaround and It now looks certain that I'll be playing day one A next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Had an enjoyable few drinks with Jude, Derek, Jude's wife Ashley and brother in law Dave last night. I've acquired a taste for white russians made on grey goose vodka over here, smashing drink but they don't half kick.
    mmmm.... Caucasians.... even at 9am on a Monday it seems like a good idea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've acquired a taste for white russians made on grey goose vodka over here, smashing drink but they don't half kick.

KP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

On the drive out to the TPC course the taxi driver commented " look at that crazy running in this heat" obviously when we look out the window we spot Dara pounding the pavement in 100+ degrees.

Quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Nicky GL in main event and may you run like God himself sir.

Jay O T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Glad I missed out on the percentage now.

Just kidding, good luck in the rest of the tournies.

5starpool wrote: »
    KP?

indirectly I'd say, Hali

never got a look in in the $1500 today, went out after 90 minutes AK v 1010 up to that point I had raised twice with small pairs and given up on unfavourable flops after multiple callers. The only other hand I played was raising 88 in cutoff and my C-bet getting shoved over. All in all a bad day I didn't actually win a single pot:o. Meh that's the nature of those things, I've no doubt that there's a huge amount of value in the $1500s but you still need to hit a few hands and win the odd race. I registered for the main event today and play Friday, fingers crossed that that will be a different ball game, I'm really looking forward to playing it and hopefully I can give the investors a sweat.

WD to Albert on his great finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

never got a look in in the $1500 today, went out after 90 minutes AK v 1010 up to that point I had raised twice with small pairs and given up on unfavourable flops after multiple callers. The only other hand I played was raising 88 in cutoff and my C-bet getting shoved over. All in all a bad day I didn't actually win a single pot:o. Meh that's the nature of those things, I've no doubt that there's a huge amount of value in the $1500s but you still need to hit a few hands and win the odd race. I registered for the main event today and play Friday, fingers crossed that that will be a different ball game, I'm really looking forward to playing it and hopefully I can give the investors a sweat.

WD to Albert on his great finish

ul nicky
    outside been a good player u do need a lot of luck early on there but the main event u get 30k starting i think u make better use of them gl there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The very best of goodluck to ya Nicky

on in the morning, no beer since monday, I'll be bringing my A-Game. Feeling realy good, fingers crossed I can do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

on in the morning, no beer since monday, I'll be bringing my A-Game. Feeling realy good, fingers crossed I can do the business.

Best of luck Nicky...Run well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Even though you didnt sell me any pieces you old **** I still hope you win this. When you FT you are flying me to Vegas and putting me up in the Playboy Suite in the Palms, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭caoimh36

Good luck Nicholas, I also look forward to my trip to Vegas in November to support ya!

through the day anyhow, only 4 levels played. finished level one on 45k was as low as 11k with an hours play left, finished on 33k whick is loads as we return with blinds 200/400. will do rundown on days play before im back tuesday.

pretty sure all irish played today made it through

derek murry 15k
    jude 50k
    bigmick 75k
    tommy finneran 30k
    smoothcall 33k
    reesy 60k
    parky 23k

few beers in me so might of missed someone

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

through the day anyhow, only 4 levels played. finished level one on 45k was as low as 11k with an hours play left, finished on 33k whick is loads as we return with blinds 200/400. will do rundown on days play before im back tuesday.

pretty sure all irish played today made it through

derek murry 15k
    jude 50k
    bigmick 75k
    tommy finneran 30k
    smoothcall 33k
    reesy 60k
    parky 23k

few beers in me so might of missed someone

Nice one Nicky and the rest. Keep it goin next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

n1 nicky, gl on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

gogogogo nicky

day one blogged

Got through day one with 33k in chips which I'm happy enough with. This is a marathon and going back at 200/400 blinds, 33k is plenty. I was very happy with my play over the day except for one hand I played in level two which I didn't cover myself in glory but I'm still unsure about.

Level one went very well; the first real hand I played i check raised the turn in a 4-bet pot after leading the flop against a very good aggro Russian with 8 high and took the pot. The guy had already 3-bet me the first three times I opened so I had 4-bet him in the hand with 7d8d. Shortly after this I take down a big pot against the same guy. I open AKos and four see an AK2 rainbow flop, I bet 600, the Russian is the only caller. When he calls my 1200 bet on a 7 turn I feel I may in trouble but hit the King for the boat on the river. I lead for 2.6 and he re-pops to 7500, I raise another 11k and after an age he folds 22, for Twos full face up. I finish the level on a healthy 45k and know by this stage that the two best of my opponents ( a French and the Russian ) are on my direct left; of the others the two on my direct right are weak passive Americans next to them a capable Swede and one terrible and a so so yank at the other end of the table.

Into level two I chip up a little then lose a few K when I'm calling down the Russians bluff and he spikes a river. We had been playing eight handed until a young stars qualifier is placed between the French and Russian. He raises UTG +1 and about six see a flop. I have Kd3d in the BB on a 4x5d7d flop. The new player makes it 800 and I repop to 2300 when the rest get out of the way, he makes it 6200 and I go again to 16400. He tanks for an age and I'm sure he is folding but eventually he shoves and he just covers my remaining 27k. I fear Ad 6d and fold. I'm really not that happy with my 4-bet in the hand, I think I was to aggressive here and the hand is still annoying me. I just rock it up for the next hour as I need time to recover from the hand and finish the level on 25k.

Level three was very quiet at the table and very little happened. We were on the second last hand before the break when I play my first hand of consequence of the level. The retarded yank who had been open limping 80% of pots by this stage did so again. The Swede who was isolating about half of the limps makes it 1600 ( blinds 150/300 ) I make it 4800 from the button with AdKd and the Swede calls. I completely miss the flop and C-Bet 7200, he is in pain but after two mins shoves and shows Queens when I fold.

I'm chatting with Dara at the last break and he gives me a bit of a pep talk, just as I re-enter the Rio I tell him I'm the best player at my table and there's no way I'm not making day two. So into level four with 15k which drops to 11k after a bit. I get about 7k in a pot against the mong when I make a big call with Jacks on a KK99 board. I then chip up to 25k but drop back to 18 when I give up AK on a A 7 2r board ( young stars player shows set twos ). In my last big hand of the day I amazingly pick up about 15k without showdown. I open for 1k UTG with Queens and get five callers. On a 2 4 6 rainbow I decide this is it and check. The player next to me who has replaced the French player bets 600 into the 6k+ pot and a yank at the top makes it 2500, I make it 8500 leaving 8700 behind. He calls after a bit of deliberation which definitely confuses me but I'm fairly sure I'm good, he proceeds to fold to my shove on an 8 turn. All in all I'm happy to be going back with what I have but think I made the day a lot harder then it should of been by losing that 16k in the hand in level two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

yeah that K3 hand is a train wreck,senility imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

the two best of my opponents ( a French and the Russian )

Typo?

Nice report, good luck in day 2 Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

WSOP is rigged:D
    day one blogged
    I have Kd3d in the BB on a 4x5d7d flop. The new player makes it 800 and I repop to 2300 when the rest get out of the way, he makes it 6200 and I go again to 16400. He tanks for an age and I'm sure he is folding but eventually he shoves and he just covers my remaining 27k. I fear Ad 5d and fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone any updates on Nicky??

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Gl all keep up the good work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Nicky is thru to Day 3 with just over 70k, wp Sir one time and all that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭boogey man

IS this confirmed any links GOGOGOGOG NICKY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

excellent news nicky, gl day 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

wd nicky keep her going

p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

FP nicky....Keep the baldy head and run gooooooood!!!!

Advertisement