Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a peice of me at the WSOP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

Good job Nicky really hope u run good mate:D whens day 3 happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Good job Nicky really hope u run good mate:D whens day 3 happening

Yeah GL Nicky. Hope it goes well. I think day 3 is tomorrow Johnny ( not sure )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone know what the first blind level is on Day 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

good luck Nicky, I'm in vegas in November for your final table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

tks for the good wishes lads connection was fcuked last night so couldn't get a post up. Finished on 72k which is grand as blinds are 600/1200 going back friday, yesterday was probably the most card dead ten hours of poker I've ever played so gotta be happy to make it through. I get round to doing a blog on the day some time over the next two days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Whats the average stack Nicky??

Well done so far, best of luck for Day 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Nicky where can we find irish player updates

Best of luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Nicky where can we find irish player updates

Best of luck

ask luckylloyd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

GO GOOOOO ENPEA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great stuff Nicky, keep it going and again best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Keep grinding nicky you never know what might happen best of luck ur due one big one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Ill take 1%

Kieran can I bet $300 @ 3/1 he doesn't cash in the main event?

Dont you know Flipper has sonar ...He has a sixth sense

Would love to see ya go deep here Nicky u deserve the credit and a big result

Kelly

Day Two
    So 33k going back; I had no real strategy going into the day, just worry about my table and make the next level is all you can really do I believe in a field of this magnitude. Level one was quiet I added 3k to my stack. The only hand I recall was when I picked up Queens on the button. UTG an oldish guy raised to 1100, I decided to play them slowly and called, the SB shipped for 17k which I was calling until UTG ships for 50k; SB held AKs and UTG AA. Felt good after the hand as I lose chips on an eight high flop if SB didn't ship. My starting table was ok, perljammer was the only player I recognized but he was short and lost them early enough.

Level two I got to 54k winning most of those chips in two pots. Pot one against a young English player when I called a raise pre with AJ and call an Axx flop, an Ace turn and a 5k bet on the river, he held A10. The second hand I played I had no idea where I was TBH. I raise early to 1500, blinds 250/500 with AQ and get min-raised by an oldish tight player. I call the extra 1500 and the flop is AKK. I check and he bets 3000, call and its checked down, he has 1010.

Level three the table breaks and my new table is tougher with lots of big stacks. Just after I sit down I spot one clear soft spot, Amerillo Slim shoves 50k into a 5k pot and shows AK for no-draw no pair. There's a 30ish American niggling him and he gave as good as he got so he isn't totally senile. I end level three on 56k.

Two hands of any consequence in level four both where I held AQos against two good big stacks. Hand one I call a bet on the turn with ace high which is good and hand two I connect with the flop and get two streets of value, ended level on 64k.

By the last level of the day there was some crazy hands on the table, about ten players had come and gone and there was 4 monster stacks over 200k. One hand a guy scoops 340k after flopping a straight flush holding 7d9d another a guy 3-bets a flop to 100k in a 4-bet pot and shows 32os for bottom pair. I picked up my biggest pot of the day early in the level when I raised the cutoff with KhQh and get a K two rag one heart flop. A guy who had lost about 100 of a 170k stack in the previous 30 mins check raises my 4k bet to 11k. I'm confident I'm good here so just smooth. The turn is the Ah giving me the nut flush draw and I check behind. When he checks the blank river I'm sure he has a worse king and get a nice 14k bet called after he dwells for an age. I found the last 45mins very hard with all the big stacks playing well and not getting a sniff on a decent starting hand. This saw me drop from my tournament high of 90k to a finishing 72k.

All in all I think I can be happy with my performance over the day. The Queens in level one were the only sniff of a premium I got over the day so, to more then double my stack in the 10 hours felt like a decent days work. This is a complete monster of a tournament and totally different from anything that I've experienced. By the time I sit down Friday it will be seven days since I was first dealt a hand. I'm just going in with the same frame of mind I've had so far; play my table and make the next level.

A couple of people have recommended that I shouldn't post hands I play while still in the tournament. While I appreciate the advice and have given it some thought, I don't think it's a worry in a field this size at this stage and if I'm lucky enough to get any deeper I wont have time for these type of reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Best of luck for day 3 Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

nicnicnic wrote: »
    A couple of people have recommended that I shouldn't post hands I play while still in the tournament. While I appreciate the advice and have given it some thought, I don't think it's a worry in a field this size at this stage and if I'm lucky enough to get any deeper I wont have time for these type of reports.

Yeah Nicky, i can just see Ivey and Helmuth lurking on boards trying to pick up some little bits of information about your play ;)

I dont think there's anything wrong with blogging after a days poker. No-one here will be giving you advice on how good/bad you played a hand. We all know your post is just to keep us updated and keep us interested, because you're capable enough of making plays based on reads and going with your convictions.

Keep them coming IMO and gl for day 3..take it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GL Nicky

We gotta give the guys in the training over here English names for when they are on the phone. So one of them is getting Nicky in your honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

I've known Nicky for a good few years now and we talk regularly but I've never heard him sound as focused and motivated as he did yesterday on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Flipper wrote: »
    I've known Nicky for a good few years now and we talk regularly but I've never heard him sound as focused and motivated as he did yesterday on the phone.

Vegas sure can up one's game when it comes to tapping a chap for some $$$ alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Nicky will be live on Irish Poker Radio this week for a quick update on Vegas and the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Good work Nicky, keep it going. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

great going nic knew this would be your type of event grind away and then change gears when time right ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

KevIRL wrote: »
    GL Nicky

We gotta give the guys in the training over here English names for when they are on the phone. So one of them is getting Nicky in your honour.

haha brilliant.. gl nicky :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

Updates on the man himself anyone ???

Hopefully no news is good news.

was between 50/70k for the first 7 hours play. 50k half way through second last level, ended day on 158k. really had no cards all day, jj 88 level two, QQ 88 last level, no other pair over sixes or AK all day so delighted to finish on what I did.

Hopefully wont get a chance to do a decent review for a day or two anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Great news Nicky.
    thats loads of chips......Very best of luck
    your nearly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Blair Hinkle Gets Shown the Bluff
    A player in middle position opened the pot for a raise and Blair Hinkle reraised from the small blind for 22,200 more. His opponent made the call.

The flop came out and Hinkle led out for 40,000. His opponent immediately moved all in for 198,000 more.

Hinkle was sent into the tank for a few moments and his opponent called the clock on him. Hinkle seemed both a little surprised and slightly annoyed, as he was not taking an obscene amount of time to act on his hand. Nevertheless, a floorperson is called over and Hinkle is given a 60-second countdown.

With ten seconds left to go, Hinkle released his hand. His opponent then slammed his down to the felt, saying in an Irish accent, "That's how we do it in Ireland, boys!"

I hope this wasn't you nic, or anyone I know for tht matter, unreal cringeworthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

I hope this wasn't you nic, or anyone I know for tht matter, unreal cringeworthy

Tom Cruise IMO, preparing for his role as Wee Liam O'Flood, Leprechan King who brings the game of Poker to the fairy folk of Oireland.

Well done again Nicky, this feels like deja vu every other night now. Anyways keep it up and best of luck again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

With ten seconds left to go, Hinkle released his hand. His opponent then slammed his down to the felt, saying in an Irish accent, "That's how we do it in Ireland, boys!"

Fintan Gavin maybe....

Advertisement