Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motor Insurance

• 10-06-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,

i just want to ask has anyone had and dealings with 123.ie. If so - what has your experience been like to date?

My policy is up for renewal and i have been shopping around and 123.ie is by far the cheapest. Now, i asked the guy i spoke with to send me a copy of what the policy includes before i sign up but he said they don't do that until you sign up. Maybe it's the sceptic in me - but i would prefer to see things in writing before parting with my money.

If anyone has feedback on this insurance company - i would appreciate it. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tell him you won't be taking up the insurance unless you get a copy of the terms of insurance... if he still holds out ask for his supervisor.

They have to send it out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I am with them, and I havent had any accidents or issues, so I can't say how they are really

Although, windscreen cover is not included, fair enough. But I distinctively remember there not being an option to choose it, or else I missed it. When I called up about it, the girls's words were
    "Oh no, that doesn't seem to have been opted for"

Yeah... cause I never got the option! ha!

But my quote was very low alright. I think I have a list of what was offered at Third Party f&t. Ill have a look....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

not wanting you to see the policy details might mean you are not getting the great deal you think is being offered! also they have to send you out details for you to sign accepting the terms and conditions etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Okay, so far I see that I have not got a NC protection :(
    I have breakdown assist :)

ha, thats all I can find!! But I know for a fact theres more

To be honest, I just went with a low quote, not really thinking of the implications of crashing. It was only when my friend crashed I realised the importance of being well covered.

I would prob go with a more well known company next time, but thats just my ignorance, I didn't really read up on it at all.

Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You will have to sign a proposal form accepting the terms etc in order to purchase, so ask to see that.

Probably best suited to Motors.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

I have insurance with 123.ie

They are a broker. The insurance product they sold me was with Travellers insurnace - big multinational insurance compay. All above board. Good price. NC protection etc etc

Works fine as far as I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

Don't know about 123.ie, but I have found cheapest policy for me on insure.ie. For 3 years NC Axa Direct offered me e1000, insure.ie Axa Broker - e720. (Quinn Direct - e1700).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Falloni wrote: »
    . Now, i asked the guy i spoke with to send me a copy of what the policy includes before i sign up but he said they don't do that until you sign up.
    ALL Insurers are obliged by the Financial Regulator to provide you with details of the policy on request. I wouldn't say it is anything sinister, you just found a lazy sod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

PeterLT wrote: »
    Don't know about 123.ie, but I have found cheapest policy for me on insure.ie. For 3 years NC Axa Direct offered me e1000, insure.ie Axa Broker - e720. (Quinn Direct - e1700).

Just gone through my renewal process. I've been with insure.ie for 3 years now with an RSA policy. Axa online quoted me E444 but when I mentioned that I need 3rd party indemnity for work purposes, the quote jumped to over E600.

Insure.ie had quoted me E532 (with Axa) and this included the 3rd party indemnity. No one else has matched them, so I'll be with them for another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

dudara wrote: »
    Just gone through my renewal process. I've been with insure.ie for 3 years now with an RSA policy. Axa online quoted me E444 but when I mentioned that I need 3rd party indemnity for work purposes, the quote jumped to over E600.

Insure.ie had quoted me E532 (with Axa) and this included the 3rd party indemnity. No one else has matched them, so I'll be with them for another year.

hah.
    I drive a '02 alfa166. (value 50cents), 36 yo with no points, no diseases no claims.av mileage 5000, AA(RSA) took 450 off me last year which I gave gladly. today I received my renewal.. 620..(?). went to AA online and got a quote of 544.(?obvious ten pcent online disc.).. axa wanted 900 off me!!! (really!) I laughed.. FBD online quote was 405 fully comp! and no messing around there either, you put your reg in and it tells you what your car is so no picking the cheap version..
    I think I'll be ringing FBD in the morning...
    Axa are jokers, I left them 5 years ago because they wanted 900 off me, at the time the AA (RSA) gave me a quote for 600 with bonus protection--- axa said they could drop their quote only by a score..I'm with carole nash ten years now as I have 5 motorbikes. I'm a loyal customer, (I prefer to work with a good company so that they know me and I know them type thing).. rather than ride the wave for 50 yoyo, now it looks like the AA are taking the piss..oh and axa still want 900 off me..
    the AA are getting an earful later today. they need to stop wasting my time with posting me ridiculous quotes. they need to beat FBD or I buy online while I'm ranting on the phone..

• Advertisement
Advertisement