Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

internationals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

argies on top so far, playing all the football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Headshot wrote: »
    *cough*

;)

death by quote
    What? :)

I'm not a big Beckham fan, to be honest. His right boot got him where he is today. Moving to LA to play for some mediocore side but to keep his wife and bank account happy shows he's more Beckham the celebrity rather then the footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Didn't get to catch the game, but I actually love seeing England do well. A great team to watch when thy are in their pomp. Plus there's nothing more satisfying then seeing the 'I hope England do Sh/t because they are the enemy' brigade in a sulk.

Looks more and more like the state is being set for D-Becks to have one last sta at the World Cup to bow out of the game on the highest possible note. Good for him, top player, top bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I'm not a big Beckham fan, to be honest. His right boot got him where he is today. Moving to LA to play for some mediocore side but to keep his wife and bank account happy shows he's more Beckham the celebrity rather then the footballer.

Relevance to him playing brilliantly for England?

What do ya mean his right boot got him where he is?

And does his loan moves to europe to try and get more football still show his appetite for the game?

You may not like him as a person but the fact is he's been a fantastic footballer and has worked really hard to get where he is.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Relevance to him playing brilliantly for England?
    I haven't managed to keep up to date with England's qualifying campaign to date, unfortunately, but whatever form he's in for England is a different story, if you favour them. I cringe because I'm not a fan of his. Far from it. Then to remind myself of who exactly can replace him in that side at the moment. Long gone are the days questioning why Bentley doesn't start in for England!:pac:

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    What do ya mean his right boot got him where he is?

And does his loan moves to europe to try and get more football still show his appetite for the game?

You may not like him as a person but the fact is he's been a fantastic footballer and has worked really hard to get where he is.
    His crossing and free kicks. Greece in 2001 did more for him then alot more has done for others.

His crossing and free kicks. Greece in 2001 did more for him then alot more has done for others.

well doesnt their boot get every footballer where he is. The reason he is technically that good is that he worked his arse off and still does in training.

His achievements with Utd are what got him where he is.

It does seem that you just dont like him and are not willing to give him the credit he deserves.

Anyway, dont want to derail this anymore....

Whats the game on after argentina - ecuador??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

colombia v peru. .

Tevez has been disappointing for argentina,too many over played passes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

He's a celebrity because he's one of the best footballs around for the last 15 years, and he happens to have a marketable face and popstart wife.

in the 70's Pelé, Cruyff, Best, Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto among others all tried to help bring Soccer to America - are they all celebrity ****es aswell? The Guy is aphenomenal athlete who used to fly between Madrid and England to see his family and still train and put in top performances, lately he's been flying from america to europe for England games and again still putting in great international performances (and a hugely impressive stint at Milan)

Anyone standing out in the Argentina/Ecuador game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i urge you to seperate the 'two Beckhams'.

the man is a top class footballer, always has been, regardless of the circus that has surrounded him; a legend for utd, a big player for real madrid (playing his way into Fabio Capello's championship winning team), and a wonderful servant to his international team.

Greece 2001 is the standout example, and will be the game people mainly remember him for. and rightly so. he dragged them through that game, ran the show, and scored the decisive goal, an un-saveable 93rd minute 25-yard free kick. every great player has standout moments.

his career as a top class player will stand up to any amount of scrutiny; as long as you ignore/embrace the celebrity part.

colombia v peru. . Tevez has been disappointing

Yeah he has, missed a peno too.

No-one really stood out here, argentina have been the better team. disappointed with ecuador, thought they'd get stuck into argentina but just not doing it.

He's a celebrity because he's one of the best footballs around for the last 15 years, and he happens to have a marketable face and popstart wife.
    Seemed to develop more with the latter.

OK, back to the internationals guys. I don't have a fondess for DB, while most here do. All points taken.

changing the coversation ehh

I think someone owes david an apology

• Advertisement

I think someone owes david an apology
    Never! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Charlie wrote: »
    Plus there's nothing more satisfying then seeing the 'I hope England do Sh/t because they are the enemy' brigade in a sulk.

:D

Know the feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

mayordenis wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like being married to a poptart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Is it just me or was that a truely shocking peno from Tevez?

His run-up was ridiculous and his strike looked pretty weak, although fair play to the keeper for keeping his eye on the ball.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aidric wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like being married to a poptart.

Well according to me he's also just a football. I imagine the relationship is difficult and delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ecuador's keeper. Saved a Peno. Made a class save with his foot. Pressured Messi in to a bad Miss 8 yards out.

Is it just me or was that a truely shocking peno from Tevez?

His run-up was ridiculous and his strike looked pretty weak, although fair play to the keeper for keeping his eye on the ball.

not just you jack

dreadful peno,and as iv said earlier hes having a very bad game so far

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Ecuador's keeper. Saved a Peno. Made a class save with his foot. Pressured Messi in to a bad Miss 8 yards out.
    Cheers, sounds decent, albeit reading it was a poor peno from Tevbez.

Cheers, sounds decent, albeit reading it was a poor peno from Tevbez.

He still dived the right way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Very open game second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Ecuador looking much better this half

Gago missed a sitter, great save though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Brilliant recovery. Of all the people, it had to fall to Gago.

iv a feeling Ecuador will win this

9.2 for the dive.

• Advertisement

Ecuador are defending very high up, acres of space for Messi to run in to. They are missing Mascherano a lot.

what a goal
    ecu 1 - arg 0

what a stunner of a goal

fully deserved

What a goal that was :eek:

Sign Him Up (insert the name of your teams manager here)!, Sign Him Up!

Cracker!

Ecuador are really such a physical side

like a whole team of essien's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thats that

get in
    2-0 Ecu

• Advertisement

Well thats game over 2-0

Another Great goal in this game.

OMG OMG 2-0 Ecuador

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sack that manager:P

Soby wrote: »
    Sack that manager:P

he's in big big big trouble

having a Rookie manager,manage 1 of the best international sides in the world is mind boggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Maradona as coach turning out to be a disaster.

Ecuador are a good team no doubt

but 6-1 against Bolivia.. even Venezuala managed to win in La Paz.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I love Argentina though and would like for them to do well in spite of Maradona, but this is quite funny.

• Advertisement

he's in big big big trouble

having a Rookie manager,manage 1 of the best international sides in the world is mind boggling
    He's treated like a God over there, but I agree it was a poor choice. And with a team of such talent, they can be world beaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mayordenis wrote: »
    He's a celebrity because he's one of the best footballs around for the last 15 years,

As a kid I too dreamed of being a baseball.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Maradona as coach turning out to be a disaster.

Ecuador are a good team no doubt

but 6-1 against Bolivia.. even Venezuala managed to win in La Paz.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I love Argentina though and want them to do well in spite of Maradona, but this is quite funny.

1+ totally agree with all that kinaldo (thats a first;))

like why the hell did he bring on that striker,the one with 3 caps instead of milito also then left milito sub too long

btw they desperately need Riquelme back too

Ecu hit the post....that would have been perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

He's treated like a God over there, but I agree it was a poor choice. And with a team of such talent, they can be world beaters.
    In fairness most Argentines were very divided over his appointment, and he hasn't exactly endeared himself to many since. Overall the opinion was about 50-50 as they have a host of other proven coaches that could/should have gotten the job.

If this Argentine side fail to qualify for the World Cup he'll have a lot to answer for. Unthinkable really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement