Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Pet Insurance Poll

Options
  • 10-06-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Going to insure two nine week old kittens next week. Fairly sure I'm going to go with Allianz but I just thought I'd ask you guys first. Thanks

Which company should I go with? 21 votes

Allianz
    0% 0 votes
    Petinsure.ie
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Really happy with PetInsure.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The only thing I can advise on pet insurance is check with your vet whether they are willing to bill through your insurer.

Many vets want payment directly at the time of consultation and for you to claim the money back from your insurer. That makes life difficult in the case of major vets bills - if you don't have 700 quid up front then no amount of insurance is going to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭reality

Never had any grief with allianz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Our pets are insured with Allianz - no problems. Read the T&Cs carefully for both companies - don't just look at the excess. See what's not covered and what the claim limit per year is. Personally I wouldn't be without insurance so good luck on whoever you go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I'm insuring my pup in the next few weeks will prob go with pet insure but there is a new crowd blueinsurance who are starting pet insurance this month. worth a look see if you can wait for them to get up and running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pythag

we were with allianz originally but got a second dog and changed to petinsure because it was cheaper.. ..

saying that allianz were great, we only changed because of the price difference..

we asked allianze to match the petinsure price but they wouldnt budge..

also petisnure have a 60 euro excess.. allianz have 75

had a surgery done recently for 390ish .. our vet has deal with allianz where they process the claim, with petinsure we had to pay the vet ourselves, and claim back ourselves.... but that was no hassle really..

It was done in 24 hours.. straight to our bank account.. really good from petinsure, they text you to confirm everything..

cheers

Pythag

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

i'll be going with petinsure but that's just based on checking them out online and reading the t&c and getting quotes, no experiance of either i'm afraid.

(how is she doing btw? did she take well to her new sister?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

PinkTulips wrote: »
    (how is she doing btw? did she take well to her new sister?)

She's great thanks. She's an absolute ball of energy tearing around the house all day.
    The two of them aren't getting on great yet but I've only had the other one since Sunday so they're just getting used to each other I suppose. Anyway, I'm sure the natural pecking order will be established soon and I can get back to some sort of normality ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

:D If they behave anything like real littermates they'll fight 23 hours of the day but love each other to bits. We kept her sister for ourselves as we fell in love, her 2 brothers left yesterday and today and the poor little thing is lost without them despite having done nothing but fight with them for weeks!

good luck finding normality with 2 she-cats bossing you about btw ;)

Advertisement