Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K11 Micra spoiler

• 10-06-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just got my first car the other day, a 97 Micra. I won't be modding it, as I'd prefer to mod a better car, but I'm looking for a small spoiler for it as I think the back of it looks a bit round or something. I want something like this: http://www.redhotstyling.co.uk/nissan-micra-roof-spoiler-p-473.html

but I think £83 is a bit much for something so small. Then again I don't know much about prices for things, so just wondering where whould I get a similar spoiler in Ireand and roughly how much should I pay for it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some later models had a standard spoiler I think, might be worth ringing around scrapyards.
    Personally I wouldn't bother, as I reckon they're a woeful looking car whether or not you put spoilers or bodykits on them.

83 is cheap enough for a spoiler by the way, but you need to factor in fitting and painting costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

why would you be bothered putting a spoiler on a micra?? because the back wheels on a front wheel drive car is giving too much power? waste of money.

why would you be bothered putting a spoiler on a micra?? because the back wheels on a front wheel drive car is giving too much power? waste of money.

Spoilers are rarely functional on cars. it's more for (dubious) aesthetic purposes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

im going to go against the grain here, i love the little k11s and they can look and preform well.
    Nismo make some really nice kits for them, including a spoiler. i know they are big money but replicas can be got.if its the 1.3 you have they have a lot of potential (relatively speaking) people can slag all they want but they can be a cheap fun nippy car and with the right kitcan look well

k11march_1.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Maybe to make a shopping trolley out of it :D

• Advertisement

No offence to the OP, but I presume there is one reason why they're driving an old Micra - money. Why spend a fortune on a car that was intended to save the money that a decent car would have cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

i dont hate these cars, i hate the people that drive em;) do hate the k12 tho:rolleyes: no offence to the OP etc but, well, you know:P

get over on one of the owners clubs, www.micrasportsclub.net, few peeps over there runnin tubbys and even SR20DET's (pointless but hey) in them:)

Advertisement