Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud bangs in Swords

Options
  • 10-06-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the loud gunshot noises are in Swords, just around applewood?

They go off most of the day, usually in two or three sequences at each time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tradesman27

gas operated bird scarers. they go off every 20minutes approx. All around me too. Irritating at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Really? Thats it so, thanks tradesman27, was over at oh's apartment and the curiosity got the better of me.

Do they use them because of the proximity to the airport or is it some pissed off farmer?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

They are coming from Pat Mc Cormack’s, down in Balheary. He does Clay pigeon shooting and is situated just past the church on the far side of the river so the sound carrise straight over .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'd say Sharkman is right. You can even see the clay tower from the gym windows.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Scared the bejaysus out of me the other day when I went for a cycle!

• Advertisement
Advertisement