Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It may be an old A4 underneath but...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If it's not going to be less than 30k here then it's pointless to be honest. They need to price it agressively or don't bother with it at all. You can get a diesel A4 now brand new for €32,990.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Biro wrote: »
    If it's not going to be less than 30k here then it's pointless to be honest. They need to price it agressively or don't bother with it at all. You can get a diesel A4 now brand new for €32,990.

Yes, I believe I saw one of those A4 bargains this morning on the N25 - Silver 2.0 tdi complete with hubcaps:eek:

If they can pull off the Exeo with a low price they will be into a winner. People might gumble about it being an old model A4 but from all the roadtests I've read its still very much on the pace and with the new engines and chassis revisions. Plus the spec sheet is crammed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I'll hang on for the Seat priced, rebadged RS4 myself.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

they are lovely. Gimme it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

meh...........Dated looking TDi yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I think this would be a better personal new import from the UK as the SEAT UK dealers have more aggressive deals on new than over here.

The 140bhp TDi saloon is 29,999 here, havent seen estate prices, but hazard a guess at maybe 3 - 4k extra.

On broker4cars.co.uk for eg the SEAT EXEO 2.0 TDI CR S 4dr [143] (again 29,999 here) retails at £16159, I'm not a mathematician or anything but do the maths.

http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/seat/new-seat-exeo.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I see the Exeo 2.0 TFSI has 200 PS and 179 g/km emissions. Similar to the Octavia but lower power and higher emissions than the current Audi A4 with the 2.0 TFSI. I'm puzzled as to why VAG don't offer the better spec engine in all their brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

They do, that 211bhp engine will be in the rest of the refreshed SEAT range, presume if the Exeo sells it will get the newer one also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

EPM wrote: »
    People might gumble about it being an old model A4 but from all the roadtests I've read its still very much on the pace and with the new engines and chassis revisions.

I think this says more about the A4 than the Exeo. The new A4 was supposed to be totally redesigned chassis, with the engine pulled back to solve the nose-heavy understeer and the suspension sorted out.

The road tests I've seen have basically said that no, it still understeers and the ride/handling are still below par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Zube wrote: »
    The road tests I've seen have basically said that no, it still understeers and the ride/handling are still below par.

Reports and blogs I have seen say the sport is way too firm (any SEAT with sports suspension is tbh) but the se is fine and the handling wouldn't be noticed by 95% of people. True it will never be a Mondeo beater with that engine mounting especially but as good as most other offerings.

Wonder if they would do a proper fast version. Prob wouldn't sell though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

while it is nice, the bits that have been changed aren't as well styled as the original bits.

Advertisement