Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

failte ireland no grants? wtf

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

I know I just heard this today and am sickened. Like I actually need the grant to be able to move and do the course. Will we not get anything at all now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pobes

well im going try for back to education allowance now when the first offers come from failte Ireland on the 22nd of this month if i get i then hopefully

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/back-to-education/back_to_education_allowance

or try for the vec grant
    http://www.cgvec.ie/Services/Grants/

but i dont know what the story is if you weren't from galway like its says on the vec site:confused:hope this helps :)

I dont know what I am going to do. i wont get the VEC because I dropped out of college this year. The results are out the 22nd are they? what course are you doing?

its the first offers for all their courses that were direct applied i think im not sure,im doing the professional cookery course anyways even if cant get grants im still going to try get loans so can still do course because its what i want to do and dont want to wast anymore time cause was offerred it last yr in limerick but didnt take it up because of cost but regret it now:(

what do you mean it is first offers for all their courses that were direct applied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

The grants are gone? :eek:

I did it years ago but half of my class wouldn't have been able to do it without the grant.

i know some bull. did u get your course pobes?

no didnt get anything from them yet hopefully this week now did you get any word

Nope I emailed them on Friday and they said they should be in the post in next two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 __russel__

you can still get grant from your local VEC,i.e im in mayo, so i apply to them and i dropped out of my course this year but will still get grant because this is not a level 8 course like the one i dropped out of was..if i was to do another level 8 course i would not get grant

• Advertisement

are u serious? but they ask on the vec form for you exam results. What do i write in that area

if you get your course i doubt it would matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 __russel__

Found out when i got my course and checked that i wont get the grant like i thought i would.
    They only give you grant if you have only done one year of a levl 8 course,i wont get one because ive done three years..
    .sickened :(but im hoping il scrape through the year..at least ive three crazy drunken years behind me,time for me to be getting a bit of sense now so at least i wont make mistakes of using grant for drink instead of rent!:p

Advertisement