Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energise Tape (M8 Magazine) 1994 ?

• 10-06-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I can't remember the exact year this tape was released (94 or 95) but does anyone know the tracklisting for it..yes, i know it was pretty cheesy even when released, but i'd like to get tracklisting of it if possible - can't find online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I have a vague recollection of the tape you mean but cant put my finger on it,leave it with me and ill get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

any luck with this?

appreciate the efforts.

i know 1 or 2 tracks, but thats all..it definitely was a cheesy tape, but ahh..the memories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Maybe find it in this link :)
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Rhythmic+State,+The

seems to be an Energise album there ,or another search around discogs will bring it up for ya .

nah, this isn't it, derra.
    There is soap on a roap there alright, but this was like an official release.
    The Energise Tape was given away free with M8 magazine around the same time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Nah cant help you there mate,chances are i probably had this tape at some stage as i used to always buy M8 magazine but cant remember this,i recently bought M8 for the first time in years and whilst it's slightly better than Mixmag it's still brutal and is all superclubs,ads,,etc,etc nothing about the underground scene.

• Advertisement

No bother, derra

From what i remember, this was the first M8 issue.. :)
    Think Red Bull promoted the magazine at the time of its release, had a voucher for free can, how old is that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emlyn

I remember the tape well.

Yep, Soap on a rope was on there. Also, Bass X / Hardcore Disco Part II (the slightly slower version!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThIwYViZuE

My favourite track on that tape though was the De-veation Crew's 'Key to Heaven'. Searched high and low for it for ages, even offered someone some money to put it on a disc for me but no joy there. Then, at the tenth time of looking in 12 months, I found this (added very recently) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yabkd2SabvY !! Easy to strip out the audio with movavi and other format conversion sites. Been on full blast ever since :)

As for the tape, I lost that years ago. It was transparent bog standard cassette with red writing with the track list printed on it.

I would also be looking for a full track list if anyone still has a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

who published the magazine? maybe drop them a line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

i recently found 8 m8 mags in my attic and all in perfect nic but all from 2003, can anybody rember ethernity mag i use to buy it all the time

Advertisement