Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister welcomes discovery of oil off west coast

Options
  • 10-06-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Mayo Arab's Woo Hoo
    The Junior Minister for Energy and Natural Resources Conor Lenihan is welcoming the news that oil has been discovered for the first time in the Slyne Basin off the west coast of Ireland.

Serica Energy plc made the announcement today saying it will actively progress its exploration programme in search of both oil and gas.

Minister Lenihan says he hopes it will lead to further commercial activity in the area

Now we want jobs in Mayo for Mayo people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DaithiS

I'd happily work on an oil rig. Them ***** make loads of money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

This is great, just lay a few pipes and bring all the oil in. How could anything go wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

as shell has found out it aint easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

danh789 wrote: »
    This is great, just lay a few pipes and bring all the oil in. How could anything go wrong!!!

Maybe we should stop using oil and gas altogether and go back to the stone age?

Oil and Gas FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm copyrighting the serica to sea slogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

It won't matter a sh** since the good ole boys have given the rights away, the taxpayers still pay full whack for the oil and the companies get to right off their costs against the tax they owe the state.
    Tis a great little country if you are connected.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement