Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously???

• 10-06-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Can someone please tell me what the hell Ennis has come to?

Is it true that there out and out war going on in Cloughleigh tonight? Something about one these relocated Limerick people trying to knock down someone (on purpose) and their house is after being set on fire.

Can someone clarify what is happening?

Sick of this town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the bundons and the mac'donalds- not real names !! (draw your own conclusions)
    drugs, new turf war, money and scanger power all at stake
    welcome to Ennis
    sure hell a well know heroin dealer is an ex detectives son here, and he's never been done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

I know who is involved alright but is this actually happening?

F*ck sake, this town had gone to utter sh*t. The whole lot should be f*cked into a lorry and driven off the Cliffs.

big time,
    its nuts
    and its getting worse

Take pictures!!!

Can you let me know exactly what is happening?

yeah, its getting bad alright...the old school cloughleigh hoodies were so well bahaved like..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

What's happening ? Haven't heard any of this out in the 'burbs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Yeah seemingly last night this limerick guy knocked down a macdonald (using bobby's names as above) and they retaliated by burning down limerick guys house. Limerick guy also had his windows put in a few nights ago.

Why wasn't any of this on the news, not even Clare FM.

It seems that these cnuts have frightened even our local broadcaster into silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

How many people are causing this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

yeah, its getting bad alright...the old school cloughleigh hoodies were so well bahaved like..

Exactly. The place is easy to avoid. It's not like you have to walk through it to get anywhere.

If you ask me the town was much tougher 20 years ago. People just like complaining. Used to be one of the dirtiest towns in Ireland. Litter absolutely everywhere. Half the shops shut down (we're talking waaaay more empty than we have now) and kids just sitting around in every estate in town trying to start **** with anybody walking past.

I saw a kid going into the boys national with a wooly hat with strings at the ears and a backpack shaped like a cute fluffy animal and I was just marveling at it. When I was there if you had green shoes instead of black shoes it was reason enough to kick the **** out of you, pull em off and toss them over a high wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Exactly. The place is easy to avoid. It's not like you have to walk through it to get anywhere.

If you ask me the town was much tougher 20 years ago. People just like complaining. Used to be one of the dirtiest towns in Ireland. Litter absolutely everywhere. Half the shops shut down (we're talking waaaay more empty than we have now) and kids just sitting around in every estate in town trying to start **** with anybody walking past.

I saw a kid going into the boys national with a wooly hat with strings at the ears and a backpack shaped like a cute fluffy animal and I was just marveling at it. When I was there if you had green shoes instead of black shoes it was reason enough to kick the **** out of you, pull em off and toss them over a high wall.

You don't have to walk through it to get anywhere? I'm sure the law abiding people living in fear in Cloughleigh won't take much comfort from such a statement. What a twit! People are posting about rising levels of violence and you are talking about litter and cute fuffy animal backbacks. Any chance you are partaking of that which the criminals peddle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Teadrinker wrote: »
    You don't have to walk through it to get anywhere? I'm sure the law abiding people living in fear in Cloughleigh won't take much comfort from such a statement. What a twit! People are posting about rising levels of violence and you are talking about litter and cute fuffy animal backbacks. Any chance you are partaking of that which the criminals peddle?

Rubbish teadrinker. And I bet most of the people complaining about this violence don't even live in the town. Like the op.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Rubbish teadrinker. And I bet most of the people complaining about this violence don't even live in the town. Like the op.

And the point you are trying to make is what exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Can someone please tell me what the hell Ennis has come to?

Is it true that there out and out war going on in Cloughleigh tonight? Something about one these relocated Limerick people trying to knock down someone (on purpose) and their house is after being set on fire.

Can someone clarify what is happening?

Sick of this town.

Pics or it didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Link to a News Report on rte.ie

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0613/ennis.html

Possibly unrelated but worrying nonetheless....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Not unrelated, it was retaliation for burning down the house the other night. Thats some warning, it will get worse before the week is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Can they not be kicked out of their house for anti-social behaviour (as they are planning to do in Moyross etc) ? That's assuming that they are council houses...

drove past earlier, police had whole place cordoned off, and the bomb squad we're there and dudes with machine guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

GKidd wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen

I wouldn't fancy hanging around taking pictures!!!!!

Talk about taking your life in your hands!

And I bet most of the people complaining about this violence don't even live in the town. Like the op.

As a matter of fact I do live in the town. My location is stated as Dublin simply as I am a student there and am back down here in this god forsaken hellhole for the next three months.

It seems unreal that you don't seem to care considering that if you have kids or were to ever have them in this town that this is the environment they would have to grow up in. It will not get any better, only worse, until something is done.

What that something is is hard to know simply because these people have to live somewhere.

As for saying that Cloughleigh is a part of town that you won't have to walk through is plain stupid and I couldn't agree more with who said that those that live there would not appreciate that.

While the town may have been rough twenty years ago is it not cause for concern that the bomb squad had to be called up there today.

Our newly elected councillors would want to start earning their 17k+ a year and do something before this is allowed to continue.

• Advertisement

It's not just the council that need to act. The Gardai need to take these guys on and maintain a presence. Make it impossible for them to do business. And when they are eventually taken to court they need to get more than a suspended sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Jesus will ye calm down some of ye. It's not as if the whole town is being taken over by a troublesome crowd from Limerick. It's just a bit of hassle among a few famalies in a housing estate, it will settle down. There isn't a town in Ireland that doesn't have some sort of trouble from time to time.
    The town is the largest in Munster now with 25k people in it so everybody isn't going to be like the rest of us on here.

Jesus will ye calm down some of ye. It's not as if the whole town is being taken over by a troublesome crowd from Limerick. It's just a bit of hassle among a few famalies in a housing estate, it will settle down. There isn't a town in Ireland that doesn't have some sort of trouble from time to time.
    The town is the largest in Munster now with 25k people in it so everybody isn't going to be like the rest of us on here.

Indeed, as long as the middle and richer classes have access to their drugs, what the hell do they care about what havoc is brought to the neighbours of those who supply them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Thankfully these vermin don't seem to frequent the town socially.

Jesus will ye calm down some of ye. It's not as if the whole town is being taken over by a troublesome crowd from Limerick. It's just a bit of hassle among a few famalies in a housing estate, it will settle down.

Yep.....Bomb Squad, Hand Grenade, Petrol Bomb just a bit of hassle:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Sick of this town.

Leave the town if you blame the town. Change yourself if you get get easily pissed off by incidents like this, becuase they can happen anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Just got back from Poland. I seen 3 guys been pulled out of their car while in a McDrive and kicked to a pulp before the car was drove off in. I saw a guy picking up his teeth outside a bar after one punch from a resident bodyguard. I saw a guy running away from a gang of about 10 yobs screaming his head off, and not once did I see a cop. All of this within the space of 2 hours in the same area, and this town was known as a safer place in Poland.

You bitch think Ennis is a craphole? Think again you molly coddled whinger! You have no idea how bad things can get and dont appreciate how lucky you are to even have a proper roof over your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Exactly. This sort of **** is going on in every town and city in Ireland. It's not like it's a new phenomenon. It's all happening on a couple of streets in a large housing estate. I knew loads of people living in the other end and it was like another planet. There's just a couple of rows that are all traveller houses and that's where it's happening. There are 3 different exits from the estate so even if you lived in another section there are two places you can go in to avoid the problem area, as people have been doing for the past 30 years.

I live a mile away but I'm more likely to die by golf ball from those tossers on the course than a bit of grenade shrapnel, so I'm not getting all hysterical about it.

They were up to the same carry on for years but they didn't have the money for anything more sophisticated than baseball bats.

Place has been awash with drugs since the 70s. Acid all over the place back then. Only way to stop people killing each other and spending huge sums of money on policing is legalising it, but I don't see that happening for another 20 or 30 years. Prohibition just puts the money in the hands of dealers and scumbags to spend on killing each other, which leads to more killing. I certainly wouldn't advocate letting them wipe themselves out. They should crack down on it as quickly as possible before the whole thing escalates and spreads to surrounding areas.

It'd be interesting to hear what is actually going on. I've heard it's Limerick people, travellers.. and now Eastern European gangs. The rumour mill is getting out of hand. Personally I think it's either the Crips or the Bloods, under the supervision of the reverse-vampires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Nah man its the latin kings. Gotta love that gold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its Cloughleigh, tbh.

I had no problems avoiding the area when I was there. But I could understand your frustration if you happened to be plonked in such a place. Ennis itself though is not a bad town. So long as the nightclub by the river/colaiste is still a skangers paradise and Brandons bar is still a damp smelly hole where all the cool people hang out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Ennis rules. Dublin is a cess pool.

As I said before, we could solve the problems in the North with one simple solution - we trade off Dublin for the six counties and call it even.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Overheal wrote: »
    So long as the nightclub by the river/colaiste is still a skangers paradise and Brandons bar is still a damp smelly hole where all the cool people hang out

Thats all that matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Good job im coming home tomorrow. Looks like I have a few things to sort out.

I dont think that just because incidents like these happen in every town in Ireland makes it ok. It just means that the problem is everywhere, right?

Advertisement