Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i plug a 500gb external into a modded xbox?

Options
  • 10-06-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

thinking of adding a usb slot to my modded xbox (witnessmenow, i may be caling on you) but theres no point unless it will be able to read my 500gb external with all my media on it. so will it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

no, you can connect usb stick up to 4gb, not all of the are working. You could get a cheap nas enxlosure and connect it with crossover cable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

to be honest the USB ports would mainly be used for a mouse and or keyboard.

What is surprisingly good at the task is a PS2. A memory card softmod is enough to get it going. Its no where near as pretty as XBMC but being able to hook a external is a massive massive plus!

If you have a PS2 give me a shout I wont be around Athlone this weekend but come Monday onwards I should be floating about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

How do you softmod the PS2 to be able use external drives for saves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

What is surprisingly good at the task is a PS2. A memory card softmod is enough to get it going. Its no where near as pretty as XBMC but being able to hook a external is a massive massive plus!:)

witnessmenow sorted me out with a memory card for the above and I now have a 500gb passport sitting on top of my ps2 slim plugged in on USB.
    Not as nice an interface as XBMC but there's no annoying fan and it's far more portable as I don't need to connect it to my LAN to get media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

hmmm i actually have a ps2 gathering dust.....witness as soon as i get some coins together i'll be calling you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement